Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging, Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will work to drive the advancement of Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DI&B) within the Corporate Finance (CFO) organization, inclusive of Finance, Business Services, DTI, and additional Corporate Functions (CF) in selected areas. This motivated, energetic, team member will provide support and drive programs and innovation to deliver on the Amgen and functional DI&B priorities.Job Descriptions:
Responsible for fostering an inclusive culture within the CFO organization through program management, functional liaison, training, and facilitation, data analysis, and supplemental project management support. Regularly interacts with DI&B key stakeholders, Functional Working Teams, Diversity Councils, ERGs.
Coordinates and directs the following priorities, but not limited to:
- Act as a liaison between Central DI&B and CF organizations to remain in alignment of the overall DI&B strategy
- Lead the promotion and practice of corporate initiatives (U Belong learning journey) within CFO org
- Partner with all COEs of CFO organization to ensure DI&B is fully integrated into the employee life cycle; from application submissions to exit.
- Act as a liaison between CFO DI&B Leads and all appropriate workstreams within Finance and DTI
- Drive CFO DI&B communications aligned with strategic framework and goals
- Manage, coordinate, and develop metrics to monitor progress on yearly DI&B goals and initiatives and embedding them in overall CFO priorities
- Develop and launch DIB programs focused on building and embedding a culture of inclusion and belonging within CFO org
- Support the expansion and advancement of the ERG networks within CFO organization
- Deliver appropriate training to build organizations' capability
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The diveristy professional we seek is a passionate and driven partner with these qualifications.
- Masters degree and 1 year of similar experience, OR
- Bachelors degree and 3 years of similar experience and project management experience, OR
- Associates degree and 6 years of similar experience and project management experience, OR
- High school diploma / GED and 9 years of similar experience and Project Management experience
- A change agent who is passionate about building an inclusive culture
- Expertise in human resources and in a role leading Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility programs
- Excellent communication skills including experience creating senior leadership communications, dashboards, and executive summaries
- Strong verbal and written communication combined with cross-cultural sensitivity
- Ability to understand, balance, and articulate both tactical and long-term planning issues
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Strong program/project management and organizational skills
- Deep analytical skills and understanding how to use data to inform program design.
- Ability to balance a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and competing demands.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed, and willing to take informed risks.
- Experience leading a team with a focus on continuous improvements and prioritizing work in alignment with business and client needs.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.