Molecular Templates is seeking a skilled and motivated professional to support its procurement activities within Supply Chain. The direct procurement lead will be responsible for cGMP sourcing activities, vendor relationships, transactional purchasing, cost savings initiatives, and MRP (Material Requirement Planning) activities. This requires excellent understanding of cGMP regulations, customer service skills, and strong attention-to-detail, plus excellent people management, communication, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Responsible for management of procurement team
- Acts as a point of contact amongst scientific and other staff in a cGMP environment for procurement needs related to materials, scientific equipment, services, and supplies.
- Supports resolution of procurement related issues
- Prepares risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Identifies potential sources based on business requirements and develops new supply sources where vendors and supplies are no longer competitive
- Works closely with the legal department to ensure contract terms are favorable to the company
- Works with the Demand planning team to provide vendor forecasting
- Responsible for SAP/ERP system data input and integrity
- Provides input/support for MRP maintenance
- Communicates effectively with vendors, suppliers, department liaisons, and other stakeholders
- Participate in process improvements, as needed
- Actively seeks opportunities to improve business objectives and reduce company spend.
- Associates Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Life Sciences, or related field, required. Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in a procurement management role, or 6 years in a non-management procurement role
- Aptitude for people management, teamwork, and collaboration
- ERP knowledge, specifically in SAP, preferred
- Experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment, preferred
- Proficiency with databases related to purchasing, receipts, inventory, and accounts payable
- Familiarity with Sarbanes–Oxley compliance and financial controls, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Excellent planning, organization, and execution skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Understanding demand planning and inventory controls as well as project timeline criticality
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain highest standards of accuracy and strong attention-to-detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make correct independent decisions when appropriate, adjust and conform with varying schedules, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks, problem solve, and communicate effectively
- This is a hybrid role in Austin, Texas
This position is responsible for management of the Procurement department. This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain.
Molecular Templates celebrates and supports our differences and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.
MTEM is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals. If you need assistance with your application due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting a resume for consideration, applicants verify that they have read MTEM’s Applicant Privacy notice. https://www.mtem.com/privacy-policy