Program Manager, Material Technology Transfer
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
In this newly created role, the Program Manager, Materials is responsible for the sourcing and planning materials to support R&D and Clinical Laboratory Teams in a dynamic environment.
- Source, purchase, plan, and schedule movement of reagents, consumables and supplies for R&D projects and NPI (new product introduction)
- Collaborate with R&D and Clinical teams to determine reagent specifications and requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to create sourcing strategies that optimize value and drive costs savings
- Manage Bill of Materials (BOM) from Research and Development through transition to Manufacturing
- Project Management: Ensure materials planning to meet project cost targets and timelines
- Manage request for quote (RFQ) and request for proposal (RFP) process based on requests from the R&D teams
- Perform make vs buy analysis to guide sourcing decisions
- Coordinate with Quality Control on specification, engineering changes and developments with Suppliers.
- Collaborate with Procurement and Inventory ops for stocking strategy and material planning
- Provide monthly forecasts and planning to suppliers.
- Monitor status of open purchase orders and ensure product availability
- Oversee inventory stocking levels both on-site and at vendors
Your background, perspective and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline with five +years of work experience in manufacturing operations and/or supply chain
- Working knowledge of quality systems requirements and compliance (FDA QSR, ISO 9001/13485)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Team player capable of working independently as well as collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both internally and at the suppliers
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Self motivated with drive to succeed in a fast paced high growth environment
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
# # #
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.
#LI-Remote, #LI-Onsite, #LI-Hybrid