DEL & Protein Sciences - Scientist
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated scientist with expertise in protein biochemistry and assay development to join Nurix’s DEL and Protein Sciences group onsite. Using Nurix’s DNA-encoded library (DEL) platform, the successful candidate will lead the design of the DEL screening strategy and implement DEL screens of prioritized targets to identify novel binders (no prior experience with DEL screening methodology required). In collaboration with other protein scientists the candidate will identify suitable protein target forms to be screened and propose biochemical and biophysical assays to validate them. As a member of multidisciplinary project teams, the candidate will be expected to present results on a routine basis. The candidate will have the opportunity to play a role in the subsequent analysis and evaluation of DEL screens. The ideal candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques, be self-driven, resourceful, organized, focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment.
- Ph.D. in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, or related field.
- Experience in the development, optimization, and execution of biochemical or biophysical assays to interrogate protein interactions and enzymatic activity.
- Hands-on expertise in protein purification obtained from bacterial, mammalian or insect expression systems for structural and/or functional applications.
- The successful candidate will be aligned to Nurix’s culture and values; they will be team oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach.
- The candidate should be enthusiastic, driven, and possess a keen attention to detail.
- Hands-on expertise with screening of protein targets with DEL libraries.
- Hands-on expertise with screening of protein targets with small molecule libraries.
- Hands-on expertise with binding affinity determination techniques (e.g. SPR, MST, BLI, ITC)
- General knowledge of immuno-oncology, structural biology, and drug discovery.
- General knowledge of NGS
- Expert knowledge of protein ubiquitylation biochemistry and pathways.
- Knowledge of protein construct design tailored to elucidate structure-function relations and identification of structural and functional modules.
- Have a record of published work and of presentation at conferences.