Research Associate – High Throughput Bioanalytics
At GreenLight we are working to solve two of the world's greatest problems: global food insecurity and equal access to vaccines and the associated health benefits. Unlike most corporations who can be required to put profits ahead of other principles, GreenLight is one of the first Public Benefit Corporations to be publicly traded and have a charter that requires a focus on how it benefits its employees, community and society and has a broad portfolio addressing key issues in plant health and human health (Nasdaq: GRNA) by leveraging the full potential of dsRNA and mRNA. The GreenLight team is over 300 people across our headquarters in Medford, MA, an R&D facility in Woburn, MA and an R&D facility in Research Triangle Park, NC. GreenLight also has a biomanufacturing plant in Rochester, NY. Initiatives include finding ways to support biodiversity, protect bees and other pollinators, treat rare diseases as well as develop vaccines.
At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to address humanity’s challenges, meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to everyone—paving the way for a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.greenlightbio.com.
GreenLight Biosciences is seeking an exceptional, highly motivated, and collaborative Research Associate to apply cutting-edge RNA technology for development of Crop Protection products. In this role, the Research Associate will optimize and perform high throughput bioanalytical assays to support the discovery and development of novel biopesticides. Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to maintain a commitment to excellence and high-quality work in a fast-paced milestone driven company, are essential.
- Design and perform bioanalytical experiments to determine the stability and distribution of dsRNA-based products and target gene silencing.
- Independently operate, troubleshoot, and maintain lab automation equipment to conduct bioanalytical experiments.
- Collaborate with Bioanalytics team members to contribute to the development, optimization, and implementation of high-throughput bioanalytical assays to increase throughput and efficiencies.
- Independently revise and utilize Python-based scripts for use with our liquid handlers.
- Collaborate with Formulation scientists to screen novel delivery technologies for successful delivery of dsRNA.
- Introduce and evaluate new technologies and innovative methods of analysis, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent the Bioanalytical function on project teams and present results, data interpretations, and timelines at project team meetings.
- Engage collaboratively in solving challenging research questions with Product Discovery and Development scientists.
- Proactively create and maintain a safe working environment.
- B. S. or M. S in Molecular Biology, Bioanalytical Science, and related disciplines.
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques is required. Experience with extracting and handling RNA, cDNA synthesis and qRT-PCR is preferred.
- Interest in learning or applying basic Python-based scripts and tools to lab activities.
- A demonstrated track record of applied scientific curiosity.
- A demonstrated track record of delivering on goals, achieving a high standard of work, strong communication skills and a commitment to team success.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical-based experimental design, analysis of experimental data, and delivery of data within tight timelines.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across disciplines.
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GreenLight requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees.