Histology Research Associate
Certis Oncology Solutions is a translational science company with premier oncology models for advanced drug discovery. Our technology assists pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the development of their novel therapies. In addition, Certis utilizes an individualized approach using patient-derived xenografts to assist Oncologists with selecting the best therapy for their patient's unique cancer type.
Certis Oncology Solutions is dedicated to improving quality, cost, outcomes and the patient experience across the cancer landscape. Located in the heart of San Diego’s Life Sciences center, Sorrento Valley, we are a licensed California Clinical Laboratory with CLIA certification for High-Complexity Testing.
Certis is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Associate Histotechnologist to support and develop histology operations at Certis Oncology Solutions. This position will be involved in all activities of histology from tissue accessioning all the way to digital slide scanning. The Associate Histotechnologist will be responsible for supporting and performing a variety of histology activities in a CLIA certified laboratory and be comfortable building a small team.
- Tissue accessioning, tracking, and organization
- Tissue processing, embedding, microtomy
- H&E, immunofluorescence, immunocytochemistry, and immunohistochemistry staining
- Antibody optimization and performance
- Equipment maintenance
- Perform all duties according to CLIA guidelines
- Build a core competency in histology
- Perform general lab duties to support a growing team
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Chemistry or similar
- 3 or more years full time in a histology lab
- Certification by A.S.C.P. preferred
- Experience with IHC/IF antibody optimization
- Experience in a high volume lab
- California CLS preferred
Certis Oncology Solutions values a collaborative and creative matrix where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and company culture. We continually seek talent from various and diverse backgrounds to join our team.