In Vivo Research Associate I-II-III
Certis Oncology Solutions is a translational science company with premier oncology models for advanced drug discovery. Our technology assists pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the development of their novel therapies. In addition, Certis utilizes an individualized approach using patient-derived xenografts to assist Oncologists with selecting the best therapy for their patient's unique cancer type. Certis Oncology Solutions is dedicated to improving quality, cost, outcomes and the patient experience across the cancer landscape.
Located in the heart of San Diego’s Life Sciences center, Sorrento Valley, we are a licensed California Clinical Laboratory with CLIA certification for High-Complexity Testing.
Certis Oncology is seeking a Pre-Clinical Research Associate I/II to support our growing and dynamic in vivo department. This position will be responsible for executing in vivo oncology rodent studies using immune-compromised mice in a BSL2 facility. The candidate will work closely with the in vivo pharmacology team, performing a variety of animal procedures to support internal and client research projects. This position provides an excellent opportunity for growth and advancing the ideal candidate’s laboratory animal skills.
- Work in a sterile environment with immune-compromised mice, using aseptic techniques.
- Perform routine animal husbandry: cage changing, health monitoring, food/water.
- Perform routine vivarium and instrument decontamination.
- Operate and maintain lab equipment, computer terminals, and data entry.
- Maintain accurate and detailed study records.
- Assist in maintaining lab and facility inventories.
- Collect body weight data.
- Collect tumor volume measurements via calipers.
- Collect clinical observation data.
- Collect tissue and tumor samples.
- Preparation of animals for procedure such as shaving, ear tagging, tattooing, and other tasks as required.
- Perform basic in vivo pharmacology procedures, including PO, SC, IP, and IV dosing.
- Perform minor surgeries.
- Perform blood collections via submandibular cheek bleeds and cardiac punctures.
- Banking tumor tissue for cryopreservation.
- Other duties may be assigned in addition to those listed above.
- BS in the biological sciences or a minimum of 2-5 years hands-on in vivo rodent work experience.
- Must have a general understanding of animal welfare regulations and of the importance of ethical use of animals in research.
- Proficiency in rodent handling: scuffing, body weight, caliper measurements.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experimental methods.
- Have strong organizational skills in performing assigned tasks without supervision.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Flexibility to work within changing shifts, including weekends, holiday, and evenings to accommodate business needs.
- Ability to use a computer, familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Skills in dosing animals, tissue collection, and survival surgeries are a plus.
Certis Oncology Solutions values a collaborative and creative matrix where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and company culture. We continually seek talent from various and diverse backgrounds to join our team.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.