Market Development Manager - Bioprocessing
MaxCyte is a leading provider of cell-engineering platform technologies to advance innovative cell-based research, development, and commercialization of next-generation cell therapies. The company's existing customer base ranges from large biopharmaceutical companies — including 20 of the top 25 pharmaceutical companies based on 2020 global revenue — to hundreds of biotechnology companies and academic translational research centers. MaxCyte has granted 14 strategic platform licenses to commercial cell therapy developers that allow for more than 75 clinical programs. Founded in 1998, MaxCyte is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, US.
JOB SUMMARY:The Market Development Manager lead the creation and execution of marketing plans targeting the Bioprocessing market, using a customer-centric go-to-market approach.
• Develop and implement strategic marketing plans to support the Product Management Team with new product commercialization, product portfolio positioning, market segmentation, competitive analysis, business trends, and market opportunities for MaxCyte's Bioprocessing solutions
• Successful conception, planning and implementation of marketing campaigns, and key marketing initiatives for brand awareness, education, thought leadership and demand generation.
• Create and optimize innovative and technical content in variety of format types to establish product and workflow-centric thought leadership
• Work closely with the Marketing Communications team to produce assets for conferences/tradeshows, for maintenance and growth of our digital initiatives, for website support and improved customer engagement
• Develop and implement measurement tools and metrics dashboards to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing activities; provide regular reporting of metrics, successes, failures, findings, etc. to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team
• Manage curation and distribution of all scientific and technical assets for sales enablement and lead generation activities
• Support regional sales managers to build and implement marketing programs within their geographic regions
• Engage with customers to fully understand the scope of their work, research objectives, experimental design, comprehensive data sets, etc. to create complete data packages to promote MaxCyte's solutions
• Manage projects both individually and as part of a dynamic team to develop, validate, and deliver within deadlines
• Stay current in market trends and industry innovation by completing routine research, attending webinars and tradeshows, speaking with key opinion leaders to ensure we are delivering current and relevant material to customers via newsletters and customer presentations
• Collaborate with product management and commercial teams to develop sales force training and customer education material on new product features or workflow applications
• Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating our brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs
• Travel required (15 – 20%)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in biology or related life science degree, master's degree preferred
• 5+ years of experience in life science product marketing, channel marketing, marketing communications, or other closely related position, ideally in Bioprocessing, Cell Therapy, Gene Therapy, or Cell Biology fields
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to lead, interact with, and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines.
• Effective collaboration and relationship-building skills across internal and external teams
• Ability to drive projects to completion on time with a consistent track record of prioritizing and leading multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to translate performance metrics into impactful business decisions
• Strong work ethic and a customer service orientation
• Creative intuition on design and messaging, with experience crafting compelling content at every stage of buyer's journey
MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter . Please reference Market Development Manager in the subject line.