Senior Director, HR PMO and Operational Excellence
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Gilead makes it a priority to increase access to its medicines for people who can benefit from them, regardless of where they live or their economic status.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead HR is undergoing an exciting period of transformation. Work is underway to modernize our employee experience, streamline our existing processes, and align our service delivery on a global scale while retaining the ability to provide personalized support during the moments that matter to employees. This is an exceptional opportunity to partner with HR leadership to shape and influence how we provide services to all Gilead employees and drive excellence and innovation in HR.
The Senior Director Human Resources based in Foster City, CA serves as a member of the Global HR Strategy & Operations leadership team and a key partner and trusted advisor across HR during a multi-year organizational transformation effort. This role leads the program management office, and operational excellence teams at a global scale to achieve strategic and organizational priorities.
This role will be responsible for the planning, integration and continuous improvement of HR services. Continuously refining the delivery of a frictionless employee experiences in partnership with HRBPs, HR Centers of Expertise (COE) and HR Shared Services. You will analyze data, gather feedback from the organization, and engage stakeholders to drive improved process and business performance.
- Partner, coordinate and synchronize efforts across Global COE Process Owners, HRBPs, HR Shared Services, People Technology and external vendors to ensure HR programs and services are deployed in a global, integrated and simple way
- Manage the HR PMO portfolio and governance; including Global Process Owner integration and change meetings, monthly calendar updates, quarterly portfolio process and reviews with the HR leadership team
- Manage the current PMO team and implement, recruit and train the new Operational Excellence team
- Partner and support with the development and execution of HR Shared Services process improvement roadmap
- Lead HR projects and continuous process improvement efforts to improve employee experience and ensure compliance, sustainability and control of improvements implemented
- Promote and influence the HR Shared Services Delivery teams, at all levels, to achieve and sustain a high-performance Process Excellence and continuous improvement culture
- Responsible for design and execution of capability building programs in HR to strengthen project management and process design
- Support our focus to become a metrics driven organization by building performance metrics into our HR projects and processes, ensuring SLAs and KPIs are measurable and effective
- Work with People Technology and Analytics teams to create reports/metrics/dashboards that are meaningful and measure performance against SLA's, volumes, customer satisfaction & quality
- Responsible for the maintenance of process documentation tools (Global Process Catalogue, Design Workbooks, Regional/Country work instructions, among others).
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree with 14+ years of relevant experience OR Master's degree with 12+ years of relevant experience
- 7+ years of leadership experience
- 5+ years of project management and process improvement
- Extensive project portfolio and a strong track record in the delivery of Agile and Lean process improvement projects
- Expertise in how to best leveraging technology and automation to optimize processes and deliver exceptional employee experiences at global scale
- Strong level of experience and knowledge specific to HR Shared Services delivery
- Ability to inspire confidence from leadership and team members while driving clarity, alignment, and accountability throughout a fast-paced, complex matrix environment
- Ability to reinforce a culture oriented on customer experience and focused on continuous improvement
- Analytical and strategic thinker, and highly developed problem-solving skills
- Experience in workshop design and facilitation of stakeholders in collaborative problem solving
- Effective and strong partnership and relationship building skills with key stakeholders
- High degree of structure and self-organization and result orientation
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.