Legal Contracts Specialist II
Gilead's Corporate Legal Group is seeking a Contracts Specialist who thrives in a high-volume, fast-paced, high-performing and collaborative corporate environment. This individual will work within Gilead's Clinical Legal team, which is responsible for the review, negotiation and management of a variety of agreements in support of Gilead's clinical trials. This individual will be part of a six-person team and will report to an attorney in Clinical Legal. This role will be based in our offices in Foster City, California. However, we are open to remote option for the right candidate.
Responsibilities and requirements include:
- Review and negotiate day-to-day Company agreements including global clinical trial related agreements, informed consent forms, investigator sponsored research agreements, confidentiality, consulting and miscellaneous vendor agreements for a broad range of clients.
- Draft, review and negotiate these agreements, handling all routine issues and consulting with attorneys in the group when complex legal questions arise.
- Train clients and create resources to ensure internal compliance with Company processes.
- Ability to quickly understand the business objectives of a transaction, identify legal issues, and facilitate a risk/benefit analysis.
- Comfortable working within tight deadlines and assisting business owners to resolve issues and ensure completion of contracts.
- Interact effectively and comfortably with all levels of management within the legal department and the business.
- Possess a strong client service orientation while maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Experience should include drafting and negotiating contracts in a bio-pharma company, university or Contract Research Organization
- B.S./B.A. + 4 or more years of experience
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.