Research Scientist, Immuno-oncology
Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) is seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Scientist to join our Immuno-oncology group. Our collaborative and interdisciplinary research team utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and innovative methodologies to advance medicines into the clinic. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the discovery, research, and development of novel immunotherapeutic agents to address unmet medical needs of cancer patients. S/he will have opportunities for career growth through acquisition of new skills, experiences, and professional relationships in a fast-paced and resource-rich environment.
- Independently plan, design, execute, analyze, and interpret key in vitro and in vivo proof of concept studies to support novel I/O drug development efforts
- Develop and validate efficient molecular and cell-based screening assays to critically evaluate novel agents
- Proactively evaluate new technologies and develop new assays to support early-stage discovery activities and build strong internal scientific expertise
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work cross-functionally with colleagues in the oncology, virology, protein engineering, chemistry, translational medicine, biomarker and clinical groups
- Present research findings and recommendations to senior staff and contribute to preparation of research reports, manuscripts, INDs, and patent filings
- May manage Research Associates or direct members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- PhD degree in immunology, cancer immunotherapy, cancer biology or cell biology
- Minimum of 2 years post-doctoral experience focused on innovative research in immunology with proven achievements in industrial or academic settings
- Expertise in T and/or NK cell biology and direct experience with immunological assays and techniques to assess their function (including multi-parameter flow cytometry and primary human and/or mouse tissue culture)
- Direct experience in general molecular and cell biology methods
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Strong motivation, independence and ability to think critically and creatively to resolve problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into a high-paced multidisciplinary environment
- Expertise in cytokine and/or cytokine receptor biology highly desired
- Direct experience in research drug discovery in immuno-oncology
- Experience with the study design/execution of in vivo tumor models
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.