Sr. Associate II Tech Services
Working in Technical Operations at Gilead:
This is an experienced position, requiring specialized knowledge, on the La Verne Manufacturing site Technical Services team. Will work on more complex, non-routine projects/assignments where analysis of procedures or operations requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Demonstrates good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Can interact and collaborate with technical and other functions, as necessary, to handle basic projects.
- Works on non-routine to somewhat complex problems, requiring evaluation of multiple factors before taking action.
- Demonstrates working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving / analytical skills.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Supports the technical transfer of new products to site.
- Supports and drives yield improvements on site
- Leads/coordinates internal and cross-functional projects & investigations with limited direction.
- Independently plans and executes assigned experiments or trials that support manufacturing activities and project goals.
- Writes and executes SOP's, protocols and reports.
- Applies knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Contributes to and may lead technical investigations of process deviations and assessment of their impact on product quality.
- Presents data to applicable departments on the outcome of investigations or optimization activities
- Seeks areas for improvement/ optimization and leads the execution of these
- Interacts with Foster City PDM group in resolving identified manufacturing issues that require PDM support
- Supports qualification of new excipients and APIs to site
- Identifies new technologies to support site requirements and leads/coordinates the introduction of same
Specific education and experience requirements:
- 6+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience and an AA degree
- 4+ years of experience and BS or MS degree in a scientific field, such as engineering, chemistry or a related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of experience and an MS degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.