Senior Research Associate II Biologics Discovery
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world.
The Biologics Discovery group is a specialized team within the Protein Therapeutics function that is responsible for the discovery and optimization of biologic drug candidates. We seek a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join this team in a newly created position. The successful candidate will contribute to antibody discovery as part of a cross-functional team specializing in the discovery and screening of novel biologic modalities in support of all therapeutic areas at Gilead.
In this laboratory-based role, the successful candidate will support efforts to generate novel antibody-based therapeutics through single B-cell technologies. Ideally, the applicant has a strong foundation in molecular biology and cloning. Job requirements:
- Drive antibody discovery by conducting B-cell isolation, antibody molecular cloning and reformatting, and initial characterization.
- Independently design, analyze and interpret experiments for the discovery and characterization of the isolated antibodies and alternate binder formats.
- Collaborate with Research Data Sciences and Discovery Sciences & Technology colleagues to support NGS-based antibody discovery and functional characterization and antibodies and alternate binder formats, respectively
- Present scientific results in multiple settings and attend project team meetings.
- Deliver scientific results for publications, patents and regulatory submissions.
- Maintain familiarity with relevant scientific literature
M.S./B.S. in biological sciences, preferably with at least 3-4 years of relevant professional experience and a proven track record in molecular biology and preferably antibody discovery.
An ideal candidate will have experience in most of the following areas:
- Strong expertise in molecular biology required. Working knowledge in next generation sequencing techniques a plus.
- Experience in biochemical assays and quantitative analysis of protein-protein binding interactions highly desired. Hands-on experience in antibody discovery and development methods a plus.
- Experience analyzing sequencing datasets required. Experience analyzing antibody sequences highly desired.
- Experience in single-cell FACS sorting highly desired. Working knowledge in other single-cell technologies a plus.
- Mammalian cell culture and transient protein expression experience is a plus.
- Highly organized and capable to track multiple, complex workflows.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, and evolving environment.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.