Senior Director, Teams Development Leader - Gilead Team System Office
Serve as a critical member of the Gilead Team Systems Office (GEO), maximizing team system setup and effectiveness across the drug development lifecycle from early stage to commercial launch and beyond. Supports advancement of principles, practices and metrics for continual evolution of the team system.
S/he will partner with external coach network to coordinate leadership development for various team leaders (e.g., Program Strategy Leader, Global Development Leader, Commercial Leader), as well as members across functions to work with greater agility and improved decision-making to drive Gilead's portfolio success.
Will support GEO Head as they establish a mentoring program for leadership talent and establish rotation program with functions to develop future team member talent.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide team leaders with leadership development and team optimization services for themselves and the teams they lead, Gilead Team System onboarding and training, and help in navigating the enterprise
- Act as a central point with external coaches and coordinate leadership development opportunities for Leadership roles (Program Strategy Leader etc.)
- Provide team members with resources and tools to maximize team health across the drug development lifecycle from early stage to commercial launch and beyond
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to better develop and support functional representatives to teams
- Contribute to the ongoing development of team members, sharing expertise and identifying opportunities for team members to grow as leaders
- Manage the feedback network and develop recommendations for the continued evolution of the Gilead team system
- Support the GEO mailbox and coordinate communication with the organization
- Strong coaching skills and deep expertise in agile teams and innovation team effectiveness
- Highly collaborative instincts with a demonstrated track record resolving conflicts with others
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a variety of stakeholders and technical experts across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor senior leaders
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or higher degree preferred.
- 12 + years of innovation leadership with significant expertise in agile ways of working in non-software companies
- Prior experience hiring and managing consultants and vendors
- Coaching certification considered a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.