Associate Director, Teams Engagement Leader - Gilead Team System Office
Serve as an essential member of the Gilead Team Systems Office (GEO), will be responsible for shaping the GEO and Team Systems curriculum for new and experienced Team Leaders and team members. The ideal condiate will have a solid understanding and/ or training and adult learning principles.
S/he will be passionate, creative, innovative and strong cross-functional collaborator. They will work to advance and enhance the existing GEO engagement, outreach and footprint by collaborating strategically with their counterparts across Gilead. They will support the build out of an Team Leadership training curricula and be able to work cross-functionally with Team Leaders and Senior stakeholders in research, development and commercial organizations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understand the characteristics of the team systems environment and develop and shape customized learning and development curricula for project team leaders, team members and stakeholders of GEO
- Monitor and maintain alignment of the GEO enganement and training plan while balancing short-term and long-term goals across multiple projects
- Offer solutions for bridging gaps between current organizational capabilities and future needs
- Collaborate with Global learning & development partners and external vendors to explore and leverage synergies
- Partner with subject matter experts and key stakeholders to identify needs, improve training solutionsl and support implementation
- Plan for and support organizational change when applicable
- Research and utilize technology to enhance operational efficiencies and leverage existing technologies and channels
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills in order to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict, and drive collaboration with counterparts
- Prior experience with biotech/pharmaceutical project teams in a development or commercial setting is desired
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and relationship-building skills across multiple levels and functions in the organization
- Ability to effectively and independently manage multiple competing priorities with high attention to detail
- Prior content development, outreach and engagement planning is essential
- Strong organizational, planning and time-management skills
- Comfort with working in an environment of uncertainty and complexity
- Ability to influence and communicate at the all levels in the organizaton
Level of position will be hired based on education and years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or higher degree preferred.
- 6-8+ years of innovation leadership with significant expertise in agile ways of working
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and TEAMS, particularly as used in the development and instructional content
- Abiltiy to effectively communicate in visual, oral and written presentation forms
- Highly self-motivated; ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal coaching or supervision
- Strong interpersonal communication, facilitation, problem solving skills
- Organizational skills, time management, problem-solving, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Self-starter who demonstrates tenacity and perseverance, working through obstacles in a determined manner
- Resourceful leader with strong emotional intelligence
- Willingness to travel as needed
- 3+ years of growing responsibility with broad exposure to multiple functions
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.