Director, Inclusion and Diversity (Marketplace)
Director, Inclusion & Diversity (Marketplace)
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
About the role:
Director, Inclusion and Diversity develop and lead Marketplace initiatives to facilitate inclusion and diversity strategies. leads relationship management of external partners, collaborate with members of the I&D, Talent Acquisition, Community Engagement and Business Resource Groups to communicate enterprise objectives and develop effective and creative solutions to leverage partnerships and sponsorship benefits. The role reports to Gilead's Global Head of Inclusion & Diversity.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Identify, assess, and manage partnerships, strategic alliances, and sponsorships to drive key diversity initiatives.
- Create and execute a cadence of partner engagements, sponsorships, and programming aligned to enterprise goals for recruiting, retention, and development of diverse talent.
- Manage HBCU and HIS relationships. Partner with Talent Acquisition and business partners to leverage university engagement including HBCU and HSI.
- Outline goals, strategic objectives, and approaches in partnership with internal partners to impact brand awareness, market penetration, and talent pipeline.
- Ensure the execution of engagement initiatives, track and report ROI, and iterate as appropriate.
- Communicate value and vision to ensure alignment and strengthen relationships.
- Identify, propose, and manage organic partnership opportunities with existing partners and internal stakeholders.
- Financial management of assigned projects to ensure realization of the breadth of sponsor/partner benefits
- Direct and implement communications and marketing efforts to maximize partnership/sponsorships including messaging, assets, and employee engagement.
- Plan and execute targeted cultivation activities in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure branding and messaging is unified and consistent across partnerships/sponsorships in accordance with Gilead's guidelines.
- Establish and maintain records of all partnership meetings, events, as well as sponsorships including participation with diverse community organizations, employee resources groups activities/events, and other activities sponsored by I&D.
- Implement a process that documents activities, dates, location, key personnel involved, attendance and notes about effectiveness.
- Leverage partnerships to create new and industry leading initiatives.
- Experience developing and managing external relationships, negotiating contracts while balancing the priorities of internal stakeholders including senior leaders, business partners, and employee resource groups.
- Ability to successfully manage complex, time-sensitive priorities, and the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent relationship management and business development acumen. Effective communication skills, highly competent presenter, able to gain credibility, engender trust and influence at all levels
- Strong collaboration skills, bias for action, ability to lead multiple projects to completion and produce tangible results.
- Sound judgment and decision-making as well as ability to manage confidential information appropriately
- Broad business acumen combined with deep functional knowledge of I&D best practices
- BS/BA; MBA or a combination of education and experience
- 8+ years progressive experience in sales and relationship management. Demonstrated ability to develop and execute effective strategies and effectively deliver external initiatives. Inclusion and diversity experience are a plus.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.