Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Planning
Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Planning– Oceanside, CA
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to our workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead Sciences, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in Supply Chain at our Oceanside facility in Southern California. We are seeking motivated, organized, team-oriented person with expertise in supply chain. Specifically, highly experienced with all aspects of material planning, methodology and analytics.
- Experienced with ERP Systems, data analysis, KPI management of metrics and associated corrective action planning.
- Analyzing material requirements, identifying gaps, driving action plans with business partners to enable accurate MRP.
- Understands the processes associated with material requirements planning, both related to GMP and MRO material planning, with expertise of material demand planning inputs, process, and outputs.
- Strong business collaboration skills. Partner with the supply chain team and business to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborates with leadership on strategic planning
- Forecasting material requirements and assess budget alignment, communicates foreseeable budget changes based on MRP.
- Assessing raw material requirements to the detailed level and managing KPIs for health of plan
- Works on problems of a moderately complex scope requiring analysis of situation or data evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Manages material planning operations and may manage tasks and performance of assigned group of staff in the Supply Chain department, in accordance with the budget.
- If responsible for personnel management, selects, develops, and evaluates staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Responsible for implementing and providing input to the planning of activities related to the material purchase, material control, inventory control, and shipping/receiving and stores functions, in support of Gilead's existing and future business plans.
- Works on material schedules and provides business solutions in support of Supply Chain planning.
- Maintains and assists with the implementation of Supply Chain policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems. Contributes to the development of complex new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Assists with the preparation of project plans and manages projects to successful and timely completion. Provides expertise to the team and functional areas to anticipate and identify complex project issues which pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals.
- Reviews and assists with planning requirements for business operations. Acts as an advisor to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Supports the execution of supply chain planning initiatives to achieve departmental targets.
- Develops and maintains documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities. Simplifies externally facing documentation to the benefit of customers. Assists in the review and editing of complex regulatory documents.
- May negotiate contracts with suppliers/vendors to secure best pricing for the business.
- Monitors and reports the cost, schedules, and performance aspects for contracts.
- Analyzes systems and processes and impact on business performance. Develops tools needed to support division Center of Excellence Service Teams action.
- Frequently collaborates with other departments, to ensure functional area resources are sufficient to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Acts as a relationship manager for cross-functional or external contacts. Involved in the earliest stage of partner relationships to help build solid foundations for collaboration.
- May recommend and assist with the integration of new technologies and/or new processes as needed, to reduce costs.
- May assist in the development of operational functional requirements and business process flow architecture of ERP functions and features, in support of Gilead's existing and future business plans.
Knowledge, Experience, and skills
- 6+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or
- 4+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
- APICS affiliation and/or Bio Supply Management Alliance (BSMA)
- CPIM / CSCP certification
- Experience using hybrid material planning processes that include both manual and automated systems.
- 10-15 years material planning experience
- Able to develop solutions to a wide range of moderately complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong time management skills.
- Has an aptitude for working with computer systems to plan and manage supply chain requirements.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of business operating systems, distribution requirements planning, production scheduling, Oracle/SAP, and Microsoft applications (e.g., Excel) as relates to business needs.
- Proficiency in ERP system software, with emphasis on Operations/Supply Chain functionality
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.