Commercial Analytics, Sr. Manager
Commercial Analytics, Sr. Manager
The Senior Manager of Commercial Analytics within Gilead's Commercial Analytics and Forecasting organization will be responsible for providing actionable business analytics and insights to Gilead's marketing and sales teams, driving analytics and integrating insights across the patient, prescriber, and payer landscape.
This role requires leveraging a broad and deep skill set (functional expertise, therapeutic area knowledge, communication skills, leadership and influencing, executive presence, etc.) to help drive the success of work across a variety of key stakeholders – including business unit, brand and managed markets marketing leads, peer functional leads within Commercial Analytics & Forecasting, Commercial Operations, and executive leadership.
Lead the development of data-based insights to inform brand, franchise, and business unit strategy and execution by:
- Collaborating with brand marketing leadership to establish an annual business analytics plan for each brand
- Leveraging data and analytics to develop key insights to inform each brand's strategy through the BPOA (Brand Plan of Action) process
- Conducting secondary data analytics projects to inform a range of business issues, including MD and patient segmentation, customer journey and treatment flow analytics, sampling strategy, and managed markets analytics, etc.
- Performance reporting and diagnostics, including design and implementation of HQ facing dashboards and reports
- Evaluating potential new secondary data sources and analytics methodologies to continually elevate the impact of business analytics
- Collaborating within Commercial Analytics & Forecasting to ensure business analytics context is integrated into and derives from Forecasting, Tactic Measurement and Marketing Mix, Market Research, and to identify opportunities to integrate new capabilities from the AI/Predictive Analytics Lab
- Regularly communicating with senior executives and strategic partners to report analytical insights to ensure business issues are addressed and optimal business decisions can be made
Leadership, Influence and Communication:
- Engages with a broad range of internal customers ranging from VP, executive directors of brand, marketing team, and IT.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships in key segments of the Commercial organization, and consistently demonstrating a thorough understanding of internal customers' business needs.
- Viewed as a cross-functional subject matter expert and sought for advice on decisions that can impact business operations.
- Lead and conduct quarterly functional review with VP, Senior Director, and stakeholders in business unit to share insights and analysis on relevant business, brand, and market issues
- Management and relationship development with key stakeholder groups in Marketing and Commercial operations.
- Navigate organizational complexity effectively in a professional manner
- Management of external consulting resources from a project delivery perspective.
- Demonstrate strong Gilead core values – Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Inclusion
- BS degree (or higher) in life sciences or medicine (or equivalent); Advanced degrees desirable
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a biopharma company
- Demonstrated ability to pull together insights from a variety of sources and develop strategic guidance for brand teams that result in a business decision or action
- Strong business and marketing acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills; consultative background preferred
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork skills; ability to gain consensus and act within a matrix team environment; Ability to work in a collaborative and influencing fashion that drives to business action
- Proficiency in secondary data analysis with intimate knowledge of a variety of industry secondary data sources (e.g., SHA, IQVIA)
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel) to present quantitative data in graphical form is required
- Proven history of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines and changing priorities is required
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.