Laboratory Operations Manager
We are currently searching for a Laboratory Operations Manager to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with process team directors and scientific leads to ensure laboratories are properly equipped to perform desired research and development.
- Create and maintain Process equipment usage guidance documents (e.g., department wiki’s and/or formal reference documents and SOPs).
- Provide oversight of acquisition process and installation of capital equipment.
- Train and/or coordinate the training of Process laboratory personnel on proper equipment use and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate with program groups and external vendors (if needed) to ensure laboratory equipment is properly maintained.
- Establish Preventative Maintenance (PM) schedule/calendar of all Process-specific equipment.
- Act a liaison with program groups on Process department related matters (POC for Request for Vendor Services – RVS) forms.
- Coordinate with Process team to complete necessary paperwork (RVS, SSJ/JOFOCS, service contracts).
- Coordinate vendor visits, and arrange SME/chaperone, as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory levels and modeling usage projections and ordering common-use material.
- Lead coordination efforts on and implementation of a Materials/Supply systems within the Process Team laboratories.
- Streamline consumable acquisition/storage/retrieval systems (e.g., implementing KANBAN or equivalent) to ensure lab has inventory visibility.
- Work with Process team to ensure inventories of equipment-specific consumables (Wave/SUB bags, AMBR, NOVA supplies, Applikon, filters, tubing) are maintained.
- Provide oversight of buffer prep chemical and media supply levels.
- Serve as safety committee process team liaison (for the purpose of communication-related role, not safety policy enforcement).
- Act as department resource on proper waste disposal, identify where training is needed (e.g. burn box use and disposal, sharps containers, eye-wash station, PPE availability), and coordinate with the Safety Officer, as needed.
- Establish a Department Specific Equipment Training Protocol, for bridging On-the-Job (OJT) training requirements with proper execution and documentation. (May include incorporation into the Electronic Document Management System – EDMS).
- Coordinate with team on cleaning schedules for support equipment (BSC, fridges/freezers).
- Provide vision for lab organizational efforts and lead implementation of 5S initiatives by identifying critical initiatives and directing team efforts and harmonize workstation supplies and consumables storage for labs.
- M.S. Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related Life Science field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in biopharma/process development environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in laboratory operations management capacity.
- Ability to lift 10 – 30 pounds.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.