Technical Accounting Sr Manager, US-Remote
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Technical Accounting Sr. Manager, US-RemoteLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital accounting role you will act as a Senior Manager for Technical Accounting on our Corporate Accounting team. This Sr. Manager is a key part of the Finance organization and is responsible for ensuring GAAP and SEC reporting requirements are met for significant and/or non-routine transactions.
Ideally, this Sr. Manager will work from the Thousand Oaks, CA or Tampa, FL offices. Hybrid and/or remote work may be considered in specific scenarios.
Main responsibilities include supporting Global Accounting Operations, Treasury, Tax, and Financial Planning and Analysis functions by providing advice on the accounting treatment for a wide range of transaction types (e.g., revenue recognition, leases, and debt). In addition, the role would work with Amgens Business Development group to provide accounting support related to strategic transactions and ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. Also, the Sr. Manager participates in the preparation of the companys SEC reports (10K, 10Qs, 8-Ks, Proxy, etc.).
The Sr. Manager reports to the Director, Technical Accounting, and will assist in providing thought leadership and current best practices surrounding technical accounting and external reporting issues globally.Responsibilities for the Sr. Manager include:
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Assist Business Development by providing accounting guidance and recommending deal structures on potential licensing agreements, collaborations, equity purchases, and business combinations
- Support Global Accounting Operations, Treasury, Tax and Financial Planning and Analysis functions by providing advice on the accounting treatment for a wide range of transaction types (e.g., revenue recognition, leases, and debt)
- Ensure key stakeholders (including, but not limited to, the Chief Accounting Officer, leadership within Accounting Operations, and Amgens independent auditors) are aware of contemplated deals and the potential impact to Amgen
- Collaborate with different business functions and teams to perform accounting due diligence on potential transactions
- Ensure optimization for all contract provisions related to ongoing accounting obligations such as reporting, royalties, audits, etcetera
- Account for business combinations, including the review and management of any related purchase accounting valuation activities
- Monitor, assess, and document the potential impact of new accounting standards and assist with setting Amgens global accounting policies
- Document conclusions on executed transactions in technical accounting memos
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic accounting professional we seek is a solid leader with deep accounting knowledge and the following qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree and 2+ years of finance or technical accounting experience, OR
- Masters degree and 6+ years of finance or technical accounting experience, OR
- Bachelors degree and 8+ years of finance or technical accounting experience, OR
- Associates degree and 10+ years of finance or technical accounting experience, OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of finance or technical accounting experience
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 4+ years of Big 4 or other large national audit firm experience in the application of US GAAP to acquisitions, valuations, partnerships, and licensing transactions; SEC expertise is also desired
- 2+ years of managerial experience directly leading people and/or leadership experience coordinating teams, projects, programs, and/or directing the allocation of resources
- Progressive accounting/finance experience, including corporate-level public global company experience
- Experience in the application of US GAAP to acquisitions, valuations, partnerships, and licensing transactions
- Diligent with a strong intuition for business and analytical skills
- Outgoing personality, positive attitude, and ability to expertly and optimally work with all levels of management, leadership, partners, and/or vendors
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.