Sickle Cell Therapeutic Specialist - Memphis, TN
SICKLE CELL THERAPEUTIC SPECIALIST - Memphis, TN
Global Blood Therapeutics, Inc. (GBT) is seeking an experienced sales specialist for the continued launch of Oxbryta (Voxelotor). The SCTS responsibilities include developing a comprehensive strategic business plan that includes specific, measurable and action-oriented objectives to ensure they achieve/exceed their sales goals. They must demonstrate the ability to target and strategically manage their territory. The SCTS will manage funds and resources efficiently and ethically to maximize sales to ensure ROI. The Sickle Cell Therapeutic Specialist will report directly to the Regional Business Director. This role provides the opportunity to be part of a first in class sales team with responsibility for launching an exciting product that will positively impact and change the course of Sickle Cell treatment.
This is a great opportunity to come in on the ground floor and be part of the launch team in a growing entrepreneurial-minded team-oriented environment, where sales performance and territory ownership are paramount. GBT offers competitive base pay, incentive compensation and a comprehensive employee benefits program.
Therapeutic Specialist Competencies & Behaviors
- Business Acumen & Results Orientation: Evaluates and proposes business opportunities while leveraging all available resources and balances priorities to drive results.
- Resilience & Confidence: Is self-reliant and helps others build their resilience and self-confidence.
- Build Trusting Relationships: Leverages current relationships and identifies underlying concerns. They are a trusted advisor that both anticipates and addresses customer needs.
- Clinical Acumen & Learning Agility: Continually builds and applies their own clinical and technical knowledge and is someone sought out for their product and disease state expertise.
- Influence with Impact: Effectively persuades others by leveraging complex influence strategies while developing their own resilience and self-confidence.
- Teamwork and Coordination: Puts the success of the business ahead of personal/professional interests. Works collaboratively with leadership and teammates to support the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve launch excellence as defined by the Launch Scorecard
- Achieve annual sales goals
- Understand role, responsibilities, objectives and metrics for success
- Serve as a role model for compliant behavior that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of GBT
- Model high touch engagement with all external stakeholders
- Adhere to assigned territory operational budget
- Participate in implementation of national and regional sales strategies and tactics
- Establish and maintain effective communications internally and externally
- Attend and participate in all Regional and National Sales Meetings
- 5+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- BS/BA Required, MBA Preferred but not required
- Specialty experienced preferred
- Hematology experience or knowledge of the hematology market highly preferred
- Previous experience in launching new products or indications, preferably through a specialty pharmacy
- Proven successful track record of consistent high performance
- Strong leadership, planning and organization, analytics, business acumen, decision making and problem- solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute on plan
- Proven leadership skills with a history of holding oneself to a high level of accountability
- Ability to influence without authority, internally as well as externally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adherence to GBT’s high ethical standards
- Significant travel may be required
- Driving is an essential duty of the job; candidates must have a valid driver’s license to be considered
- Must live within the assigned territory and within 30 miles of the territory work center
- Travel to Nashville and East Tennessee will be required once a month
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position may require you to work onsite or interact in person with customers of the Company and/or work onsite from time to time at the Company’s facilities. The Company requires all employees working in its facilities (including attending in-person meetings and events) to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for a disability/medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. This position requires you to maintain a fully-vaccinated status against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.