Associate Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Biology
VersaPeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology startup based in San Diego California devoted to discovering novel targets for the development of first-in-class, life-changing treatments for nervous system disorders.
We are seeking a highly motivated BS / MS Scientific Associate with a background in cellular and molecular biology to join our R&D team full-time with benefit. Your responsibilities will include the development of in vitro and cell-based assays to identify and characterize small molecules for our drug discovery pipeline; conducting IND-enabling experiments such as PK/PD, stability, efficacy and toxicity The candidate will be adept at working in a multi-disciplinary team with flexible work style and contributing to a range of projects and disease areas, under the guidance of senior scientific staff.
Please include the contact information of two to three references along with your CV or resume in the application.
- Conduct experiments and work toward technical goals and prioritize to deliver results within agreed timelines
- Help in developing novel assay and writing standard of protocol (SOP)
- Provide support to other members of the team, including buffer preparation, re-stocking lab supplies, checking the inventory of supplies
- Routine lab maintenance
- BS / MS in biology/biochemistry or related discipline
- 1+ years of laboratory research experience in an academic or industry setting.
- Proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment on multiple concurrent projects
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are necessary
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Hands on experience on cellular assays such as mammalian tissue culture, plasmid transfection, WB and immunostaining.
- Hands on experience on molecular biology experiments such as bacterial culture, subclone and PCR.
- Experience with ELISA or other high throughput assays are preferred but not necessary.
- Experience with assay development or drug discovery is preferred but not necessary.
VersaPeutics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.