Alliance Management Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Business Development Manager Alliance ManagementLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will report directly to the Director of Alliance Management (Head of Late-Stage Alliances). The Manager will be a cross-functional leader with experience in life sciences and drug development and is able to build new value through the effective leadership and management of strategic partnerships.
- Manages a portfolio of partnerships at all stages of their lifecycle
- Identifies, understands, and ensures mechanisms are in place to manage differences between Amgen and partner (e.g., partnership strategy, operating model, processes, relative program prioritization, risk tolerance, norms, etc.)
- Ensures effectiveness and efficiency of partnership governance
- Ensures the Amgen team understands and is planning for partnership obligations including contractual commitments and key partnership deliverables
- Ensures Amgen decision making is advised by contract terms with partner, partners point of view, and any events that could alter partnership value
- Identifies and drives resolution of key partnership risks and issues
- Establishes credibility, trust, and respect throughout Amgen and with our partners
- Uses cross-functional knowledge, eye for business and drug development experience to engage with scientific and business leaders across Amgen
- Serves as the business owner for Alliance Management systems and enabling technologies to support the capability, which includes close partnership with IS business partners
- Serves as the owner of certain Alliance Management business processes to improve our capabilities and drive efficiencies; also supports ongoing publication of partnership reports and metrics
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The savvy professional we seek is a problem solver with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Masters degree and 2 years of Business Development and/or Program or Partnership Management experience
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of Business Development and/or Program or Partnership Management experience
- Associate degree and 8 years of Business Development and/or Program or Partnership Management experience
- High school diploma / GED and 10 years of Business Development and/or Program or Partnership Management experience
- Experience managing or working on partnerships with pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology organizations
- Experience working in a drug development environment with the knowledge and ability to work with technical experts
- Experience with solution-oriented negotiations and creative problem solving
- Experience interpreting and applying contractual terms to manage a business relationship
- Quick learner who takes initiative to proactively drive projects and work from conception to completion with excellent people, listening and communication skills, including oral and written
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, improve your expertise, and enhance your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.