Director/Sr Director, Business Development | West and East Coast U.S |
Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and driven Director/Sr Director, Business Development that desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. As part of a growing team and reporting to the SVP, Business Development, this role is responsible for growing biologics revenue opportunities through new and ongoing business development engagements and negotiations.
- Identifies potential business collaborations and partnerships, that fit within the overall corporate strategy, business plan and product portfolio in the defined territory.
- Supports business development engagements and negotiations focusing on Evotec’s multi-modality approach with an emphasis in biologics.
- Manages and coordinates cross-functional teams through evaluation of opportunities and interactions with potential partners.
- Develops and negotiates term sheets and contracts; identifies solutions when needed to reach agreement on key deal terms.
- Identification, communication and management of risks and opportunities with new and existing partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Represents Just-Evotec Biologics at conferences, regional associations/bioclusters.
- Actively contribute to all aspects of business development including marketing (market & competitive intelligence, Value proposition definition, etc.).
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree plus advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D., M.D., J.D. and/or M.B.A.) in a scientific discipline
- Minimum 5 years of business development experience selling Biologics related CRO or CDMO services to the within biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Proven track record of successfully executing deals from sourcing to deal close
- Demonstrated experience in biologics drug discovery, development and manufacturing
- Strategic, creative thinker with ability to establish innovative business solutions, structures and concepts
- Excellent collaborative negotiation skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong business and financial acumen with superior quantitative analytical abilities
- Proactive, team player with strong sense of urgency