Summer Intern, Antibody Discovery – Phage Library Construction
Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a motivated bachelor or masters-level student for an Antibody Discovery Scientist internship during the 2022 summer quarter. This position will focus on development, characterization, and curation of humanoid antibody libraries in the Discovery group. This will involve generation of novel phage display libraries and establishment of bio-panning platforms for their use in antibody discovery. This position will require considerable hands-on molecular and microbiological experimentation as a part of Just’s early-stage discovery pipeline. Cell culture, NGS, and immunobiology assays will also be a part of this internship. This is an opportunity for a motivated student to develop skills, knowledge, and analytical abilities that are crucial for a career in research. A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of molecular biology, bacterial culture, and aseptic technique. Hands-on sequencing and tissue culture experience is desirable. This internship will give you the opportunity to work closely with scientists and engineers throughout the Just-Evotec Biologics organization while we all advance biotherapeutic technologies towards improving global access to affordable therapeutics.
- Work with a mentor optimizing the construction of phage display antibody libraries
- Characterization of libraries with Sanger and NGS sequencing, ELISA and other relevant methods
- Contribute as a team member to shared responsibilities, including general laboratory upkeep
- End of internship presentation to the scientific staff
- B.Sc. in molecular and cellular biology, bioengineering, biochemistry or a related field, or currently working towards that degree.
- Excellent experimental design and analysis skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office apps (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Previous laboratory of industry experience