Accounting Manager | Seattle, WA
Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a highly motivated Accountant with SAP S4/HANA experience, who is looking for a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics within a rapidly growing, mission driven organization. This position will be the finance lead for the first ever SAP implementation in Evotec as well as support the growing accounting function. They will be part of a cross-functional team who is primarily focused on ensuring the project’s success and for the configuration/design/testing of the major modules within SAP FICO. The ideal candidate will be have a strong foundation in accounting, controlling, SAP S4 HANA, and the ability to independently drive success.
- Articulate, analyze requirements and translate them into effective solutions to support the future of Finance
- Lead and support SAP FICO initiatives as project team member
- Key contact to harmoniously work on the requirements to develop additional FICO functionalities
- Prepare and conduct Unit Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Evolve into the finance/accounting super-user, build training documentation and impart training to finance end-users
- Work with cross functional teams to prioritize work, articulate business needs and drive system solutions
- Provide status of the work you're leading to Project Manager and other team members
- Document policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Improve accounting processes and documentation
- Assist in the implementation of Sarbanes Oxley
- Accounting responsibilities during the month end close – reconciliations, journal entries, audit support, etc
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- +10 years of relevant finance and accounting experience
- Extensive SAP FICO experience with a high level of functional and technical proficiency
- SAP Implementation experience strongly desired
- Areas of expertise in SAP FICO including but not limited to General Ledger, Special Ledger, Multi-Currency, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Analysis, Corporate Accounting, SAP Security related to Roles and SOD's.
- Ability to multitask in a multifaceted environment
- Highly critical, organized, and structured person with strong project management experience and skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, in addition to strong shared work experience using collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Highly critical, organized, and structured person and you are experienced in project management both under the waterfall and agile method.
- You are resilient under (time) pressure. Also, you feel comfortable within a start-up environment, where processes are to be built and responsibilities are not yet set in stone