Quality Assurance Associate
Just is seeking highly-motivated Quality Assurance Associate(s) that desire(s) to be part of a team focused on improving worldwide access to Biotherapeutics by supporting GMP plant operations. This individual will join the Quality team at Just with their primary responsibility being the execution of day-to-day QA responsibilities for GMP manufacturing, along with building and enhancing the quality assurance systems. The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with manufacturing, quality and facilities staff in a fast-paced and dynamic environment are essential to be successful in this position.
- Provide Quality and Compliance oversight to support product manufacturing, release, and disposition operations to ensure compliance with early and late-stage clinical drug substance GMP manufacturing. This includes:
- Review of manufacturing batch records, product/area changeover, and equipment use, maintenance logs.
- Collaborate in the resolution of issues associated with manufacturing operations.
- Maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance by ensuring documentation is complete, accurate and executed in accordance with approved and effective standard operating procedures.
- Support and collaborate with manufacturing staff on the floor and with Quality assurance to understand the manufacturing process and relevant regulatory requirements to continuously improve operations.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, engineering or related life science field.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in a biopharmaceutical cGMP manufacturing or similar environment.
- Requires some familiarity with cGMPs and regulations applicable to the FDA and comparable international regulatory agencies to ensure compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Possess effective task/time management organization skills.
- Previous experience working in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, or Drug Substance or Drug Product manufacturing
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just’s focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood – the center of Seattle’s medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 250 employees is expanding Just’s innovative platform and footprint – building our first North American J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in the Seattle area.