Purchasing & Planning Manager
The Purchasing & Planning Manager is responsible for the operations of GMP Purchasing and Supply Chain Planning at Fujifilm Texas to ensure that the right materials are available at the right time, in the correct quantity to support GMP production. This role will oversee the materials planning process and direct purchasing while liaising with both internal and external stakeholders on the status of material readiness. The full life cycle of material management will also include the running of the ERP SAP system using MRP. Within SAP, Bill of Material creation, planned demand and conversion to process orders (WIP) will be the responsibility of the Supply Chain teams. The Purchasing & Planning Manager will provide SME over site to these processes as well as managing the Supply Chain teams on a longer strategic planning horizon.
- Provide line management, supervision and mentoring to the FDBT Purchasing and Planning teams and manage this resource to provide a comprehensive planning and purchasing process to support the needs of the Business.
- Oversees the material planning and direct materials purchasing processes prior to run execution and provide readouts for Stage Gate reviews.
- Provide effective and robust purchasing strategies for the procurement of direct materials.
- Lead and develop core planning meetings with the necessary agenda, inputs, and outputs. Ensure effective planning, common understanding and delivery targets to achieve business and production asset requirements.
- Ensure the correct entry and execution of material BOM's within the SAP system.
- Ensure materials are set up with accurate information in the ERP system and provide detailed analysis of supply and demand metrics for the production materials.
- Work with Finance, Program Management, Process Science, Technical Operations, Manufacturing, Quality Control and Quality Assurance to provide support in production needs, batch readiness, batch closure and compliance.
- Oversee the weekly reporting functions for material status and ensure correct allocation of materials to support the manufacturing schedule.
- Collect and review KPI's for material readiness per project, material consumption on a per batch basis and material utilization for all projects.
- Ensure the functionality and execution of MRP planning.
- Work with clients to support their material planning and reconciliation processes.
- Manage, implement, and continuously review purchasing strategies for key raw materials and consumables ensuring surety of supply for long term business benefits.
- Manage vendors through Vendor Relationship Management (VRM). Oversee and deliver vendor performance and evaluation via QBR's, the use of the FDBT Vendor Scorecard and the site vendor rating process.
- Initiate and lead Supply Chain and Business initiatives to improve the purchasing and planning processes.
- Proactively manage Supply Chan led projects to improve efficiency and cost reduction of materials.
- Develop training plans for direct reports.
- Work in a global SAP environment with coordination between sites.
- Ensure the planning and purchasing teams works closely and effectively to support production plan demands.
- Deliver end of year performance appraisals.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of five years management and or supervisor experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for discussing complex business processes.
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate and organize resources.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities.
- Ability to create and issue reports to Supply Chain Management.
- Experience with Material Master and Recipe creation within an ERP system (preferably SAP)
- In depth knowledge of MRP planning.
- Experience and knowledge of developing and implementing purchasing strategies.
- Reporting status, issues and KPI's to senior Supply Chain Management.
- Ability to work effectively under extreme pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Future- oriented, new technology knowledge.
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain business and technical documentation.
- Positive, customer service-oriented skills and behavior.
- Operated within a GMP Supply Chain function with a minimum of 3 years' experience.
- The following positions will directly report to the Purchasing & Planning Manager, GMP Purchasing Supervisor and the Supply Chain Planning Supervisor.
- Conduct training, support, and mentoring.
- Set individual objectives for the planners in line with the company's objectives ensuring they are SMART objectives.
- Conduct end of year performance reviews.
- Lead and ensure the company's policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure each member of the team is appropriately trained to meet GMP requirements.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Lift up to 30 pounds unassisted and up to 60 pounds with assistance.
- Work in cold temperatures.
- Distinguish colors.
- Operate a forklift.
- Work in high places.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor's degree plus 7 years work experience in a Supply Chain, Materials Management, Operations function, and OR
- Associate degree plus 8 years work experience in a Supply Chain, Materials Management, Operations function, and OR
- High School/GED with 10 years of work experience in a Supply Chain, Materials Management, Operations function, AND
- Minimum of five years management and or supervisor experience.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing / Good Documentation Practices.
- Six Sigma training.
- APICS Certifications such as CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) or CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional).
- Experience with ERP systems preferably SAP.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3500.