Jira Support Engineer III (Remote USA)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Jira Support Engineer III (Remote USA)
What you will do
Would you like to take your full stack engineering skills and help deliver the world's most advanced and life-changing biotech medicines by building creative and ground-breaking software frameworks? Amgen is using cloud technology, DevSecOps frameworks, and migration and continuous deployment pipelines to create new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses. We are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer primarily supporting Jira/Confluence with strong focus on customer support to fill a position in Amgen's newly built Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) team. Our small product team is a high-energy, tight-knit group who builds our DevSecOps framework used globally by Amgen development teams.
This position focuses on developing, improving, and supporting the Jira and Confluence services built into our CI/CD framework for all teams across Amgen. Our framework is built using opensource and AWS services, with Jira and Confluence used to handle the agile process integration. Our framework runs custom code development, DataOps, as well as tests and deploys Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications into Amgens cloud environment. We are currently extending our capabilities to integrate serverless and microservices CI/CD pipelines with AWS.
- Work on Jira and Confluence hosted in AWS and in Unix-based environment.
- Support client teams configure their Jira workflows, screens, fields, permissions, and boards and solving problems.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to work with client partners in constructive and positive engagements.
- Experience leading and balancing an effective support team who consult, fix problems, and train users on Jira and software engineering methodologies
- Work with our scientific and client teams to provide consulting services that help them better implement Jira best practices.
- Investigate and solve systems and applications issues, identify runtime deficiencies, find potential failures, and fix production issues.
- Upgrade and patch Jira and Confluence with minimal downtime.
- Work with the core development team to add, refactor, and improve Jira capabilities across our continuous CI/CD pipeline services.
- Participate in efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) solutions from Atlassian to determine their value in our pipeline. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Provide technical solutions and expertise to the Office of the CIO to modernize Amgen's product teams and provide better standardization of development processes.
- Be an integral member of the core SRE team and help automate, monitor, deploy, and operate the service 24x7x365 globally.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Information Systems professional we seek is a Jira Support Engineer with these qualifications.
or Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
or Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
or Associate degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
or High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Minimum of four (4+) years of experience as a Jira and Confluence administrator working on plugins, workflows, and schemes.
- Minimum of two (2+) years of experience running full stack application deployments and infrastructure cloud services.
- Application and system level debug and triage experience.
- Knowledge of various Linux environments. Distro's include Ubuntu, Centos, Debian, RedHat, and Amazon Linux.
- Knowledge of cloud technology on AWS or other cloud technology platforms.
- Knowledge of JQL (Jira Query Language).
- Willing and able to learn new technology and mentor other specialists.
- Knowledge of Jira automation using tools such as ScriptRunner and Groovy language.
- Experience configuring Jira Align and Service Management (formerly Service Desk).
- Experience managing distributed runtime applications using programmatic interfaces.
- Knowledge with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, and Node.js.
- Understand security and encryption technologies. Knowledge of authentication protocols including OpenID, OIDC, OAuth, SAML, and LDAP.
- Experience with configuration frameworks for deployment such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience with automated monitoring frameworks such as InfluxDB, Grafana, Telegraf, Prometheus, Fluentd, Kapacitor, etc.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.