Informatics Software Engineer
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Nurix is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to design, develop, and deliver innovative software applications and digital solutions for scientific research and drug discovery. You will work on cutting edge informatics solutions and full stack development to enable robust scientific data collection, management, and utilization. This is an exciting role for someone with strong technical skills who would like to work at the intersection of technology & science, and contribute positively to the discovery and development of life saving therapeutics.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from R&D functions (Biology, Chemistry, Preclinical Development, Lab Automation, etc.) to gather requirements, analyze gaps, and identify opportunities for enabling technology solutions
- Lead the design, architecting, and implementation of custom software solutions to support data acquisition, processing, integration across research & development functions. Example applications include but are not limited to laboratory information management systems, assay data registration, data visualization/analytics tool, scientific knowledge base.
- Strategize and establish software development methodologies, CI/CD, and other DevOps best practices
- Work closely with informatics scientists, data scientists, and IT to implement and optimize data ETL pipelines and system interoperability
- Maintain expertise and knowledge of technology and trends in the industry. Assess and identify new opportunities in software solutions, stacks, and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other relevant disciplines with 2-5 years of hands on experience as a software engineer/developer
- Proficiency in object oriented programming (i.e. Java, C#, Python)
- Familiar with SQL, Databases, Web Services
- AWS experience highly preferred (Lambda, Glue, S3)
- Experience and/or interest in working in the life science and/or biopharmaceutical domain