We are currently searching for an Operations Coordinator to provide support to the administrative needs of the Office of Advocacy Relations Director and her staff as well as to assume responsibility for projects as they relate to helping the office to maintain records and upkeep of projects. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and coordinate systems for communications among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities
- Use day-to-day observations and analysis of work processes to evaluate program operations; anticipate potential problems; identify existing problems and inefficiency; develop recommended solutions
- Perform a variety of complex, specialized support tasks on an ongoing and ad hoc basis; manage special projects, draft letters, and reports, prepare/ edit presentations, develop meeting agendas, and create and update spreadsheets and databases
- Process and track order requests using government systems i.e., POTS on behalf of branch staff
- Maintain databases for tracking, analyzing, and reporting of all activities including professional activities, travel, and project management
- Provide administrative, procedural, and informational resource support; work with staff to coordinate program workflow
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, and courses for staff; schedule conference rooms
- Coordinate meeting planning and logistical arrangements, including room and audiovisual reservations, WebEx, and other remote connection arrangements; prepare and transmit agendas and relevant materials; contact and communicate with participants; prepare and distribute meeting minutes
- Update and develop content for web sites, newsletter, and other formats of communication, and monitor for currency and accuracy of information
- Develop, maintain, and utilize various administrative databases
- Coordinate and process equipment and office supply order requests; serve as the point of contact in the administration of all maintenance contracts for office equipment
- Serve as liaison between Director and divisional staff; communicate policies, protocols, regulations, guidelines, and general information
- Coordinate, track, and act as liaison for human resource activities, issues, and functions
- Provide information to program staff on policies and procedures for government travelers and invited guests
- Serve as a resource for staff regarding established policy; keep abreast of new guidance and policies; disseminate information to staff and respond to requests for information regarding status of projects or actions
- Maintain contacts database; update/ maintain calendars and shared calendars for multiple staff members
- Enter requests for office supplies using POTS
- Inventory office supplies and equipment; prepare and process purchase requests and maintenance agreements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community and Public Health or related discipline
- At least 5 years of specialized experience
- Administrative Professional Certification preferred
- Expense reconciliation, project management/planning, timekeeping, fellowship program management
- Project management, website content management
- Meeting minutes/summary reports
- Meeting coordination
- Travel planning
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.