Supply Chain Mgr
Development Supply Chain (DSC) is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of products, process knowledge and technology solutions to enable Amgens accelerated product commercialization. The DSC organization manages all aspects of demand and supply planning, scheduling and materials/sourcing management activities in all phases of pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial development. As an integral part of the Process Development organization, DSC provides an innovation ecosystem to advance differentiating multi-modality capabilities and gain insight in development and a regulated environment in support of product and process development. Leveraging our tech transfer and manufacturing capabilities, DSC serves as a launch site to enable speed to market for Amgens innovative products and biosimilars.
DSC Site Supply Chain is responsible for managing all aspects of supply chain operations for manufacturing and supply planning, scheduling, raw material procurement, master data and inventory management activities in all phases of pre-clinical, clinical development and commercial manufacturing.
We currently have an opportunity in the DSC Site Supply Chain team for a Manager, Supply Chain - Excellence. This role will drive innovation, operational excellence for DSC interacting with global stakeholders. This position will be responsible for identification and implementing best practices, ensuring cross-functional alignment and participate in the sustainment and deployment of key processes, technology platforms and operating model from a Supply Chain perspective.
- Responsible for coordinating inventory movements between on-site and external warehouses used by Amgen Thousand Oaks.
- Develop and maintain analytics and tools to assess warehousing capacity and long-range forecast leveraging SAP and RapidResponse software.
- Acts as single point of contact for assessing impact to ATO warehouse capacity.
- Develops the production scenarios and capacity models to support operations and forward-looking strategic initiatives.
- Owns monthly manufacturing forecasts for Warehouse Capacity for Amgen Thousand Oaks including identifying change drivers, preparing, and presenting analytical reports of data gathered
- Collaborate with supply chain operations team responsible for supply planning/scheduling, raw material procurement, master data management, and inventory management in compliance with all cGMP guidelines and Amgen procedures.
- Represents Thousand Oaks site on global networks as a subject matter expert
- Identifying and creating appropriate visualizations based on target audience
- Adapting and thriving in a changing environment while building and structuring high-performing cross-functional processes and systems
- Manage a high-volume portfolio of projects simultaneously while consistently delivering high quality results.
- Responsible for identification, analysis, valuation and execution of new system and process enhancements
- Drives Innovation, Operational Excellence, project management and change management in the organization
- Defines, measures, and reports key performance indicators for assigned projects, enabling teams and functions to measure and improve quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Influences decision making through a fact-based approach to ensure business partners meet the financial and operational objectives. Present recommendations to Senior Management and drive decisions.
- Implementing best practices and ensuring cross-functional alignment and accountability.
- Applies benchmarking strategies to ensure Amgen's SC stays current with peers in the industry. Also enables sharing of knowledge and best practices in the across the organization.
- Partner with business and technical experts to define processes, procedures and best practices for development, maintenance and enhancement of data analytics, visualization, and reporting.
- Communicate and collaborate with diverse key stakeholders to identify business requirements and provide guidance on best approaches to translating into efficient tools.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 2 years of experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience
- 7+ years of experience in the biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry including leadership roles
- Advanced degree in Business, Science, or Engineering
- Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and influence decision-making.
- Ability to communicate vertically and horizontally through multiple channels, leverage cross-functional network to complete goals. Motivate teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of drug development, commercialization and operations planning
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing, supply chain fundamentals and risk management
- Good business acumen, high-level strategic thinking and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to structure, pragmatically scope, and solve abstract and complex problems
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to drive decisions
- Proven leadership skills, organizational and project management experience
- Exhibits ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Capable of operating under pressure situations
- Ability to compile information into Power Point presentations
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.