Senior Associate Audit - Data Analytics
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate Audit - Data AnalyticsLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will join its Technology Solutions team to support the data analytics initiative within Corporate Audit. The Senior Associate will have an integral role in the implementation of data solutions that provide robust insights to the business. This includes creating/maintaining processes for receiving and transferring data to and from various business partner systems, transforming and combining data from various sources, designing schemas for the data, developing critical metrics, and delivering reporting solutions to support Corporate Audit objectives.
The Sr Associate Data Analytics will report to the Sr Manager Corporate Audit IS and will be based at Amgens Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies.
Corporate Audit provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the operations of Amgen. Corporate Audit supports the achievement of Amgens business objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of Amgens risk management, control and governance processes.
- Work collaboratively with IT teams, internal business partners and external vendors to identify, understand, implement and support new business capabilities around business intelligence while maintaining alignment to Corporate Audit objectives
- Design and develop processes to extract data received from various internal and external sources, transform them into meaningful data elements relevant to the business, combine various data elements, and load them into various types of database schemas
- Support the audit teams through the onboarding of new, or maintaining current, data sets and systems
- Analyze data to identify and implement new data and reporting solutions that provide meaningful insight to improve effectiveness of the audit planning and execution across our audit universe
- Analyze business needs, develop metrics, as well as design and develop reporting solutions to make the metrics available to the audit team and business users
- Provide production support for data related processes to ensure business continuity, performance, and integrity of reports, dashboards and other business visible data solutions
- Drive efficiencies around the use of technology solutions within the audit methodology and related processes
- Travel: International and Domestic travel up to 10% may be essential
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The audit professional we seek is a senior associate with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Data Analytics / Finance experienceOr
Associates degree and 6 years of Data Analytics / Finance experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Finance experiencePreferred Qualifications
- 2+ years of proven success in roles involving working in Business Process and Data Analysis for large IT related projects and identifying, analyzing and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets - Audit Analytics and/or CAATs
- Proficient with techniques in data cleansing, blending, analysis, and validation - Alteryx Designer
- 2+ years of Tableau development experience (v10.0+) building and deploying Tableau dashboards for multiple mid-to large size organizations
- Proficient in analyzing data within relational database systems (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle 11g or above, etc), including connecting to data, building relationships between tables, grouping data, and producing cohesive analyses
- Proficient in SQL, PL SQL, Oracle, VBA, and / or other technical skills related to data extraction, transformation and loading
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration with individuals at all levels of technical knowledge and succeed in a highly matrixed environment
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, able to multi-task and comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding and dynamic work environment
- Experience with SAP ECC, SAP HANA, Concur, Ariba
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.