Senior Manager Engineering Projects - Commissioning and Qualification
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Senior Manager Engineering Projects - Commissioning and Qualification
The Engineering Projects Senior Manager of Amgens Commissioning and Qualification Program is responsible for delivering all aspects of the Commissioning and Qualification Program for capital projects at the Amgen Thousand Oaks campus. This includes front end planning, estimating, program setup, implementation and execution. The Senior Manager is responsible for ensuring commissioning and qualification delivery meets the program requirements and is cost effective for Amgen.Live
What you will do
This role is accountable for owning the commissioning and qualification aspects of capital projects from a budget and resource prioritization perspective. This position will also drive operational improvement strategies both locally and for the network, shares standard methodologies and lessons learned, and partners with key collaborators.Other Responsibilities include:
- Manages day to day Commissioning and Qualification Program for capital projects including planning, staffing, schedule development and overall tracking and reporting of status and issues
- Directly manages execution of commissioning and qualification aspects of projects including C&Q document preparation and execution and daily coordination
- Responsible for staffing projects with suitably qualified resources and providing guidance and oversight on program implementation (for projects not directly managed by the Senior Manager)
- Drive alignment of Commissioning and Qualification requirements with Engineering and Construction teams to ensure all aspects are aligned with the program including adherence to engineering specifications, Receipt Verification, Third Party Inspection, Walkdown and Turnover Planning, Turnover Package Documentation, and Engineering Change Management
- Provides training to Amgen staff and Contingent workers on the Amgen Commissioning and Qualification Program
- Leads improvement initiatives with the intent of streamlining an established Amgen process to continually make it more efficient and cost effective
- Work across the C&Q and Engineering networks and cross functionally to drive improvement, share lessons learned and standard methodologies.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of Engineering or Commissioning and Qualification Management experience Or
- Masters degree and 6 years of Engineering or Commissioning and Qualification Management experience Or
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of Engineering or Commissioning and Qualification Management experience Or
- Associates degree and 10 years of Engineering or Commissioning and Qualification Management experience Or
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Engineering or Commissioning and Qualification Management experience And
- 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or advising the allocation of resources
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience in engineering project execution and commissioning management
- 6+ years direct supervisory experience
- 6+ years in the Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology industries
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience managing Commissioning and Qualification for Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology projects
- Strong understanding of a risk-based approach to commissioning and qualification within the biotechnology industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong collaborator, problem solver and solution oriented
- Demonstrated interpersonal and facilitation skills and ability to work in a collaborative team- based environment.
- Very organized and thinks strategically to support key business decisions
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and effectively set priorities
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.