Research Associate, Cell Biology
About the role
Sana Biotechnology is focused on using engineered cells as medicines for patients. To continue building our capabilities, the Cardiac Cell Therapy team in Seattle, WA is looking for someone motivated to help develop novel cell therapies. As a Research Associate, Cell Biology, you will report to a Senior Scientist. You will focus on laboratory research using cellular and molecular biology approaches aimed at advancing cardiomyocyte cell therapy towards helping patients with heart disease.
What you'll do
- Expand and cryopreserve pluripotent stem cells
- Produce cardiomyocytes from pluripotent stem cells
- Characterize gene expression of cell types of interest
- Analyze and communicate experimental data to supervisor and broader team at internal meetings
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in an electronic lab notebook
- Work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work from multiple projects
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree (B.S/B.A) plus 1+ years in biology or related scientific discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Tissue culture experience
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques such as PCR
- Experience effectively working in teams, completing assignments, and participating in crucial conversations
What will separate you from the crowd
- Hands-on experience with pluripotent stem cell (PSC) culture techniques
- Hands-on experience differentiating PSCs
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry
- Cell biology background
What you should know
- Evening and weekend work required on an as-needed basis
- Travel between Seattle and our Cambridge and South San Francisco sites might be necessary
- Working safely in person on a predictable and regular in-person basis is an essential job function for this position, and the Company requires that all individuals working in-person be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including receipt of a vaccine booster shot if recommended by the CDC
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, employer paid basic life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance protection, financial wellness programs including financial planning resources, a 401(k) Plan with an immediately vested employer match, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, social class (including caste/caste identity), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.