Head of Site Engineering
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as Head of Site Engineering at our manufacturing plant in Covington, GA.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader. We have an unwavering dedication to putting people first, and we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 240-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine. We need bright, forward-thinking, ambitious, and energetic people to support us on our journey.
Global Manufacturing & Supply and Global Quality (GMSGQ) is the backbone of Takeda. We strive to ensure that our medicines are made available wherever our patients are. Takeda's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Covington is one of the largest biotech production sites in the world. It has a key strategic role in our global manufacturing network, supplying quality therapies to our patients. Fresh air and stunning countryside on the fringe of Atlanta's cosmopolitan, the multicultural city makes Covington the ideal place to live and work.
About the role:
The Head of Engineering will lead engineering operations for manufacturing operations at the Covington Plasma site. Provide holistic engineering and maintenance support to the Site to sustainably achieve capacity plans and fulfillment targets. Maintain equipment and facilities, perform facilities management, including operations of utilities and critical systems, and provide engineering technical support and capital planning and execution. Be a standing member of the Covington Site Leadership Team, which helps set strategic direction for site engineering organizations and oversees operating results. Additionally, serves as a member of the network level Plasma OpU Engineering Leadership Team.
How you will contribute:
As an essential member of the site leadership team, the Head of Site Engineering will lead and drive the Engineering function supporting the operational requirements of Plasma manufacturing operations at the Covington Site. The scope of the function will consist of:
- Maintenance, Utilities, and Calibration
- Process Engineering
- Plant Engineering and Utilities
- Automation Engineering
- Site Capital Engineering Projects
- Commissioning & Qualification program
- Engineering Programs, Business, and Operational Support Services
- Facilities and Site Services supporting the entire Site.
You will ensure the operation, maintenance, and utilities for all equipment and utility systems used to support manufacturing operations at the Covington site and be responsible to:
- Ensure Facilities, Plants, Utilities, and Equipment are maintained and are fit for the intended use.
- Ensure Facilities, Plants, Utilities, and Equipment are operated in a safe and efficient manner and are compliant with all regulatory requirements.
- Deliver compliant and robust engineered solutions to improve reliability and efficiency of systems and equipment based on operational best practices and periodic reviews.
- Develop and manage technical and organizational agility for timely response and resolution to operational issues.
- Develop talent and professional capabilities of the function.
- You will manage performance management and professional development of direct reports and professional development of the Covington site Facilities and Engineering personnel. Allocate resources, assign priority to tasks and act as an advisor to Site senior management in delivering value-added services for the Covington Site. Manage budgets and contract resources.
- You will provide management oversight to ensure the Covington Site Facilities, Plants, Utilities, and Equipment are maintained, fit for intended use, operated safely and efficiently, and compliant with all regulatory requirements. Ensure equipment availability is adequate to meet manufacturing requirements. Provide management oversight of the delivery of coordinated major maintenance activities, including scheduled plant shutdowns.
- You will oversee the development of technical subject matter experts and the provision of engineering resources to ensure system reliability, robustness, and maximum availability. In addition, ensure delivery of compliant and robust engineered solutions to improve reliability and efficiency of systems and equipment based on best practices and periodic operational reviews.
- You will be the functional partner on the Covington site governance team and the Global Plasma OpU Engineering Leadership team. Align on site strategy and goals, identify and escalate Engineering issues, and inform the team on deliverables to ensure continuous improvement and overall support related to manufacturing operations support.
- You will manage the planning, execution, controls, and technical quality of deliverables for all site capital investment projects and technology transfers. Ensure that project sub-teams are resourced to meet their goals and ensure that projects are on time and within budget.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, preferably in science, engineering, or other related technical fields. Master's degree preferred. 15+ years of related experience.
- Ten (10+) plus years of experience managing engineering personnel and skills in the management of managers. A proven track record in technical and mentoring skills is required. Must be a team player prepared to lead, work in, and embrace a team-based culture.
- Demonstrated experience in bioprocess engineering and expert knowledge of systems/equipment/facilities/automation is required.
- Preferable experience ramping up a manufacturing facility.
- Be a positive and collaborative leader with a 'can do' approach.
- Have a high level of business acumen and knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry. In addition, have the ability to work with outside groups, such as HR, Finance, and Legal.
- This position requires a strong understanding of engineering and maintenance functions.
- Ability to travel and work across all Covington facilities.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs, including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 10 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- International travel up to 10%
This is a controlled, sterile manufacturing environment & in certain areas, there will be guidance in place in terms of what's appropriate to wear to ensure employee safety. Also, as a 24/7 operation, the ability to support out-of-normal work hours will be required.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.