Applications Development Project Manager
Do you want to help in the fight against cancer while working with innovative technology?
Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB®) is looking for an Applications Development Project Manager to join our team.
CRAB® is a non-profit organization founded in 1997 whose mission is to help conquer cancer. We offer a highly competitive benefit package that includes paid time off, remote work days, FSA, retirement contributions, and more.
If you are looking to work for a great company and a great cause, we encourage you to apply!
Visit us at www.crab.org where you will find the required qualifications for this job.
The position is responsible for managing software development projects, defining project objectives and overseeing quality control throughout a project lifecycle. Other duties of the Applications Development Project Manager include working with and leading cross-functional teams in resolving discrepancies, removing or mitigating roadblocks, and facilitating communication among all project stakeholders. This position coordinates and interacts with key stakeholders in Applications Development, SWOG, CRAB, and in other partner organizations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing project management leadership within the software project lifecycle, including software deliverables, timely communication of project milestones, status reports, change requests, and risk analysis
- Responsible for project management of the SWOG software projects, including troubleshooting issues, directing the implementation of change requests and may include Rave study build process or customization of in-house software
- Helps define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Works with CRAB management to estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Serves as Applications Development’s project advocate with program managers, statisticians, data managers, NCI working groups, CRAB officers, and outside clients
- Works with Applications Development department management to prepare time estimates to track project milestones and deliverables
- Responsible for consistency of project documents, including requirements - functional specs, technical specs, and forms specs- throughout the project lifecycle
- Schedules and leads project kick-off, requirements, scheduling, and focus group meetings where applicable
- Responsible for the quality of the project’s user interface and workflow design
- Responsible for critically reviewing eCRF designs to ensure compatibility/conformance with CDASH/SDTM standards • Establishes and implements project management best practices
- Oversees Project Specialist staff members
- Travel may be required (up to 2 trips per year)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or five years of project coordination experience may be substituted for educational requirement
- Minimum two years of experience as a project lead
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Familiarity with software development principles and the software development lifecycle
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective collaboration
- Ability to scope and size work efforts effectively
- Proven ability to use sound judgment and diplomacy while interacting with stakeholders
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interpret and describe technical information for stakeholders
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a clinical research or clinical trial environment
- Experience with Medidata Rave® or another Electronic Data Capture system
- Experience with project management, task management, or bug tracking software such as Azure DevOps
- Experience writing formal documentation (e.g., software specifications, procedures) in support of software development lifecycle
- Experience with public speaking • Experience advocating for a project to a larger group
- Experience working with regulations and standards related to clinical trials such as FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and SDTM • Proficiency with database design and principles
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Spanish language skills a plus
This is a full-time position and is Exempt from state and federal overtime regulations.
Employment authorization is required.
Travel/relocation expenses will not be provided for this position.
CRAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In your cover letter, describe how your skills and experience match the qualifications for the position.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter with position number via email, fax or mail to:
email@example.com | Fax: (206) 342-1689
Cancer Research And Biostatistics Attn: Hiring Coordinator 1505 Westlake Ave N, Suite 750 Seattle, WA 98109-6244