Sr/Staff Sequencing Engineer
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions). To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Sr/Staff Sequencing Engineer
PacBio (NASDAQ: PACB) is a premier life science technology company that is designing, developing and manufacturing advanced sequencing solutions to help scientists and clinical research resolve genetically complex problems. Our mission is to enable the promise of genomics to better human health. Genomics is core to all biological processes, and our advanced genomics tools provide scientists and clinical researchers the insights to better understand biology and health. We are now entering the century of biology and genomics is at the heart of the next revolution. Become part of the new paradigm in gene sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
Pacific Biosciences is looking for an experienced Sr/Staff Sequencing Engineer to join our Cell NPI (New Product Introduction) group working on PacBio's biologically integrated semiconductor chip technology. A successful candidate will be able to bridge the biotech and semiconductor fields and become an expert in PacBio's sequencing solutions. Daily focus will be on developing internal sequencing protocols that enable chip process line segmentation and are predictive of customer experience.
Key areas of focus are:
- Develop and conduct functional testing (sequencing assays) on devices early in production cycle, analyze and present results
- Prepare clear and concise documentation for new engineering procedures, train, and transfer methods to manufacturing
- Identify and implement improvements in production efficiencies and laboratory techniques, including automated sample prep protocols
- Design and conduct statistical analysis such as Design of Experiments (DOE) to evaluate new process segments and specific process parameters of the chip manufacturing line
- Support consumables and software development throughout the company through testing protocols and data pipeline updates
- Support manufacturing teams in case of major yield/quality excursions
- Advanced degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or related field
- Appetite for solving complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible factors
- Comfortable communicating technical details in a multi-disciplinary environment
- 2+ years of industry experience preferably dealing with different phases of the product life cycle
- Knowledge of statistical and Design of Experiments (DOE) methods; operational knowledge data analysis in JMP/R/Python environments
- Experience with biological assays and proficiency in a laboratory environment in working with biological reagents (enzymes, buffers, DNA, etc.)
- Proven capability to act effectively and efficiently both independently and in team environments
- Elemental knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing processes
- Previous experience with PacBio's technology is an advantage
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.