Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Analytical Development, CMC
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Note: This is a contractor position.
Reporting to Senior Scientist, Analytical Development of CMC, the Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Analytical Development will be responsible for providing hands-on analytical support of pre-clinical and clinical development of small molecule pharmaceuticals. This will include generating analytical data for method development/validation/transfer, impurity purification and characterization, stability studies, etc. The incumbent will support the set up and maintenance of the analytical laboratory and analytical instruments. He/she may also work with CROs/CMOs to review of data/protocols/reports from CROs/CMOs. The candidate should be self-driven, innovative, detail oriented and thorough in performing a range of novel tasks.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop robust and sensitive analytical methods for drug substances (DS), drug products (DP), intermediates and starting materials of small molecule therapeutics.
- Provide analytical testing and support for internal development and stability studies.
- Review method validation protocols and reports, primarily analytical data, and development reports from CROs/CMOs.
- Review data from external stability testing of DS and DP to ensure data integrity to support ongoing and proposed clinical studies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in analytical chemistry or related disciplines with a minimum of 6 years of experience, or with a minimum of 4 years of experience in small-molecule analytical development
- Extensive hands-on experience in and in-depth knowledge of various analytical techniques such as: liquid chromatography, especially UHPLC (reverse phase, chiral, ion exchange, ion pairing, etc.) with various detectors such as charged aerosol detectors (CAD) and mass spectrometers, gas chromatography, dissolution, KF and NMR spectroscopy
- Extensive experience in method development, validation and transfer for release testing, stability testing and in-process control of drug substance and drug products
- Hands-on experience in purification using tools such as semi-preparative HPLC and SFC (supercritical fluid chromatography)
- Experience with physical characterization techniques, such as XRPD, DSC, TGA, BET and PSD, will be a plus
- Familiarity with operating in a GMP environment, and a working knowledge of FDA, ICH, USP and EP Guidelines as well as current best-practices in the industry
- A team player with excellent communication skills
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
Nurix is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Nurix will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.