Systems Physicist, PET Imaging
Systems Physicist will be part of the Product Engineering group, a multi-disciplinary team of radiotherapy and imaging use experts. This team works with the design engineers and outside clinicians to define, develop, and validate the clinical performance of new RefleXion biology-guided radiation therapy products. This team will focus on establishing the clinical requirements for the products and validating that the products address them. Successful candidate will need a strong background in PET Imaging, radiation physics, diagnostic imaging (PET/CT) and medical device design control. The Systems Physicist will participate in the Product Engineering group to develop deep relationships with key opinion leaders in cancer treatment and in investigating and developing new high-value clinical applications for RefleXion’s products, contributing to the larger radiotherapy, radiology and oncology communities.
This is a hands-on role based out Hayward, requires deep technical understanding of PET Imaging physics, radiation physics and clinical workflow aspects applied to radiation therapy. Systems Physicist will be expected to understand medical device quality systems and design control, including requirements and specifications, hazard analysis, and formal testing. He or she will engage the team on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
- Conceptualize and execute physics projects to validate the clinical performance of RefleXion biology-guided radiation therapy system, with a particular focus on Reflexion’s PET Imaging System
- Develop tools to simulate and evaluate system performance under various clinical and practical test conditions – covering imaging, dosimetry, tracking, system throughput and other key performance parameters.
- Develop technical requirements and specifications from the simulations to ensure that RefleXion’s products meet their clinical performance goals
- Develop protocols and conduct formal testing to validate the clinical safety and efficacy of the product
- Support Regulatory (FDA, CE, …) documentation and applications
- Collaborate with other organizations within the company as needed i.e. regulatory, product education. training, sales and marketing
- Collaborate with clinical partners and KOL’s in the industry to develop protocols and criteria for acceptance and clinical utilization of Reflexion systems
- Publish system evaluation and clinical performance papers in collaboration with clinical partners, KOL’s, and internal R&D partners
- Other duties as assigned
- MS or PhD degree in Physics or Engineering with relevant clinical and research work experience.
- Clinical experience in diagnostic imaging, particularly PET imaging and a strong background in radiation physics is highly desirable
- Expert-level ability to program in Matlab or equivalent language for simulation and data analysis is a must
- Strong background in computational algorithms, data structures, computer systems engineering is highly desirable
- Keen aptitude to work as part of a cross-functional product development team to move successful products from concept through launch
- Experience with QA methodologies for medical imaging and radiation therapy is highly desirable
- Excellent communicator with strong written and oral presentation skills
- Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- Experience with design control process for medical devices is desirable
- A passion for innovation leading to creation of robust and reliable products
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site