Senior Research Associate, Discovery Biology
We are seeking a skilled and motivated individual with expertise in cell biology and immunology to join our Discovery Biology team. The successful candidate will support early drug discovery efforts in Immunology, Oncology, and Immunoncology. These duties will include planning, execution and analysis of in vitro cellular assays to support small molecule discovery efforts, mechanistic studies, and new target identification. This individual will work closely with scientists from cross-functional disciplines and present findings to project teams. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, eager to learn new techniques, highly organized, focused, and enjoy working in a creative and dynamic team environment.
- Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, or related field with 6+ years industry experience (or Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of industry experience)
- Extensive hands-on experience with cell culture (cell lines or primary cells) and good aseptic technique
- Hands-on experience in development, optimization and execution of cellular assays including primary cell isolation, ELISA, and western blot
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and shRNA/CRISPR knockdown is a plus
- Prior experience with quantitative medium-to-high throughput assays to support small molecule drug discovery (e.g. FRET-based assays, luminescence assays, flow cytometry, MesoScale)
- Strong organizational skills and experience presenting results to multi-disciplinary scientific teams
- Flow Cytometry experience strongly desired
- Experience performing functional immune assays (e.g. migration, activation, cytokine secretion, differentiation, target cell killing) with primary human cells
- Experience with additional cellular and molecular techniques such as high-content imaging or RNA-seq
- Background in ubiquitin biology or targeted protein degradation
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
Nurix is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US. Applications can be submitted on our website: https://www.nurixtx.com/culture-careers/job-openings/
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Nurix will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.