In Vitro Research Associate
ABOUT CERTIS ONCOLOGY SOLUTIONS:
Certis Oncology Solutions is a translational science company with premier oncology models for advanced drug discovery. Our technology assists pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the development of their novel therapies. In addition, Certis utilizes an individualized approach using patient-derived xenografts to assist Oncologists with selecting the best therapy for their patient’s unique cancer type. Certis Oncology Solutions is dedicated to improving quality, cost, outcomes and the patient experience across the cancer landscape.
Located in the heart of San Diego’s Life Sciences center, Sorrento Valley, we are a licensed California Clinical Laboratory with CLIA certification for High-Complexity Testing.
The In Vitro Research Associate will be working closely with other scientists in an innovative environment to design, develop and perform a variety of in vitro techniques to support internal and client research projects. The major responsibilities of this lab-based position will include (but are not limited to) developing, designing, and performing cell culture-based experiments and other in vitro-associated techniques with minimal supervision.
- Support preclinical contract research and internal studies/model development by performing in vitro and ex vivo cell-based assays.
- Characterize effects of experimental oncology and immune-oncology medicines on cell viability, proliferation and antigen expression. Assays may include cell proliferation/viability assays, IC50 assays, cell cultures, ELISA, MSD multiplex assay, cell purification, 15+ colors flow cytometry stainings.
- Perform in vitro assays following standard operating procedures with minimal/no supervision. Strong attention to detail and work ethic. Ability to anticipate, identify and report issues as well as proposing solutions to ensure data integrity and continuous improvement.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation and format for presentation.
- Participate in experimental study design/planning and new assay development/optimization with moderate supervision.
- Assist in developing new protocols and writing standard operating procedures.
- Bachelors degree in Molecular Biology or equivalent level of experience in Immunology, Cell biology or Oncology.
- 3 years hands on experience in aseptic cell culture, design, execution and analysis of various in vitro assays (Cell proliferation/viability assays, IC50 assays, cocultures, ELISA, MSD multiplex assay, cell purification, 4-8 colors flow cytometry)
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organization and record-keeping skills
- Critical analysis of data and ability to summarize data for presentation
- Strive in a team-oriented / goal-oriented environment
Certis Oncology Solutions values a collaborative and creative matrix where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and company culture. We continually seek talent from various and diverse backgrounds to join our team.