Sr. Director/VP of Communications and Investor Relations
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
As Sr. Director / VP Communications & Investor Relations you well play a key role in shaping our brand and story – seamlessly – to both internal and external audiences. As our first Communications hire, you will help us build and shape this function. This is an excellent opportunity to apply your experience in a fast-paced, biotech start-up environment. You will work in close collaboration with our leadership team.
You are someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. You are results-oriented, analytical, have strong attention to detail, and are always highly motivated to deliver excellence in your work. You’re resourceful and like to work independently but are not shy to ask for advice.
What You’ll Do
- As our lead storyteller and brand ambassador, you will create and deliver corporate messaging to the public. This includes investors, potential partners, company milestones, industry conferences, and other stakeholders
- You own responsibility for creating and keeping up to date critical corporate messaging vehicles including the company website, investor relations decks, and company activities on social media
- You will direct media relations program in concert with external agency and help prepare company spokespersons
- In partnership with the People team, you will design and execute strategic internal communication plans to enhance employee engagement and promote understanding of business priorities and key initiatives
- You will manage external agencies and vendors
- Work with Executive Leadership team to develop and execute a comprehensive, best-in-class corporate communications program, that aligns with company strategy and leverages a strong understanding of the investment, biotech and pharmaceutical communities to enhance the perception and visibility of the organization.
- Share market intelligence and investor perceptions of the company’s performance, and make sure investors are represented as a key stakeholder in the formation/execution of program strategy and communications.
- Lead development and review of investor-facing communications materials, including corporate announcements, financials, investor presentations, investor inquiries, press releases, conferences, Q&As, and backgrounders.
- Ensure executive team is up to date on perceptions of the company; recommend and implement any necessary course corrections in messaging and relationship management.
- You have 8+ years of progressive communications experience; a combination of PR agency and in-house experience preferred
- You have a bachelor's or higher degree in life sciences or business combined with journalism, communications, or public relations is preferable
- You have superior written and verbal communications
- You have experience working in a scientific or biomedical environment
- You are energetic and proactive in creating opportunities, solving problems, and being prepared in an extremely cross-functional role
- Ability to successfully develop and maintain strong working relationships between both cross-functional internal colleagues and external stakeholders
- Existing top-tier media relationships is a plus
- A creative and solutions-oriented mentality when it comes to problem-solving
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.