Director, Corporate Communications
The Director, Product and Pipeline Communications, will oversee communications for some of Regeneron’s most important established and investigational therapies in oncology and hematology. The candidate will be part of a leading team that can move deftly from complex, science-driven data communications to broad patient/healthcare professional engagement programs to anticipating and mitigating complex environments and issues.
- Provide counsel to senior Regeneron executives on communications-related initiatives/issues.
- Serve as a senior mentor in the Product and Pipeline team, and directly manage 1-2 staff.
- Act as a catalyst to innovate and implement strategic long-term programs that will build support for Regeneron products, including partnering with Commercial, Research and Development, Global Development and Medical Affairs teams on disease awareness, launch preparedness and post-market engagement programs.
- Spearhead Regeneron communication efforts “above brand” for the company’s oncology and hematology portfolio.
- Manage product and pipeline communications around medical congresses, data and regulatory milestones and product launches, including media strategy and press release development.
- Develop clear and compelling messaging platforms that will resonate with key audiences and manage a team responsible for maintaining all communications collateral materials.
- Serve as Regeneron media spokesperson on key established and investigational therapies.
- Establish processes to anticipate and effectively respond to potential issues.
- Leverage innovative digital and social media strategies to educate external audiences, in keeping with all regulatory and legal guidelines.
- Oversee budget for all activities related to product communications for oncology and hematology.
- Manage external agencies and vendors to ensure excellence in delivery.
- Oversee establishment of success metrics to measure and demonstrate success of communications programs, and where possible integrate within broader Regeneron programming.
- Work in close collaboration with Commercial, Global Development, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Legal, Investor Relations and Research and Development teams, as well as external collaborators, on product and pipeline communications.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 12 years relevant experience, including at least 5 years developing and implementing pharmaceutical product communications programs for one or more publicly listed traded companies.
- Demonstrated skills in management of staff, cross-functional teams, freelancers and vendors.
- Proven expertise in product communications with best-in-class therapies across disease areas; experience specifically in oncology and/or hematology is highly advantageous.
- Comfort and proficiency in translating complicated science into meaningful messages for external audiences.
- Experience leading creative PR programming directed towards consumers and healthcare professionals that has measurable impact.
- Proven ability to leverage innovative technology and digital strategies to support product communications goals.
- In-depth knowledge of media, regulatory authorization and market access landscape for pharmaceutical medicines; established relationships with pharmaceutical industry reporters will be looked upon favorably.
- Deep understanding of commercial, legal and regulatory landscape governing communications for pre-approval and post-approval pharmaceutical products.
- Ability to proactively address highly complex problems and recommend viable and innovative solutions to the team.
- High level of professionalism and confidence to collaborate effectively with employees from all levels of the organization, including senior leaders, functional managers, research scientists and the general employee population.
- Proven success working in a fast-paced environment requiring daily flexibility and continuous multi-tasking.
- A results-oriented yet collaborative style.
- Ability to work as an independent, self-starter with urgency and a results-oriented mindset.
- Strong detail-oriented, organizational, process and project management skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects with a sense of urgency and to navigate within a matrix organization.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills.