Research Associate II/III, Analytical Development (CONTRACT)
Manager: Scientist I, Analytical Development
Department: Analytical Development
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes
pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our Bioassay team within Analytical development group. Let’s build a better future together.
We are seeking a highly motivated temporary Research Associate II/III to join the bioassay analytical development team. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for the development, execution, analysis of bioassays to support the development of our Adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy products and gene-edited cellular therapies. The ideal candidate will have a strong immunology background and have fundamental understanding of developing potency methods that are used for the release and characterization of manufacturing of cell therapies products. The environment is exciting, fast-paced and offers the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of cell and gene therapy.
- Develop, execute, and optimize robust GMP release/characterization assays for cell and gene therapy programs.
- Apply knowledge of stem cell and immune cell biology to characterize cell therapy drug products.
- Execution of flow cytometry-based (multi-panel) potency assays under limited supervision and perform trend analysis to monitor the performance of an assay over time.
- Perform data analysis using statistical methods and knowledge systems.
- Contributes significantly towards the optimization, method pre-qualification, method transfer in a compliance-based environment in a timely manner to meet program timelines. Contributes to technical documents drafting such as reports, protocols, and internal presentations.
- Works effectively with research, process development, and quality development teams
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree in Immunology, cell biology, Molecular Biology, or equivalent life science disciplines. Master's preferred
- Level will be determined by skills, experience and education:
- RA II: 2 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree or 0 years of experience and a Master's degree
- RA III: 5 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree or 3 years of experience and a Master's degree
- Must have a strong immunology background and have good aseptic techniques, mammalian cell culture and multi-panel flow cytometry experience.
- Relevant skills and techniques including cell differentiation, ELISA, ddPCR, and RT-PCR are desired.
- Ability to execute experiments independently, demonstrated mechanical skills, problem solving, strong attention to detail and passion for working within a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Teamwork – ability to work well in a highly cross- functional team environment.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.