R&D Associate, Bioassay Development
The Bioassay group within Regeneron's Therapeutic Proteins Department seeks an inquisitive Research Associate to join our highly collaborative team. In this exciting role, you will perform experiments for the in vitro selection and characterization of preclinical and clinical drug candidates in Regeneron’s pipeline. This includes designing and carrying-out experiments to evaluate how potential drug candidates modulate target activity in mammalian cell-based assays.A Typical Day in the Role Of Associate Might Look Like :
- Mammalian cell culture
- Generation of stable cell lines via plasmid- and virus-based techniques
- Cell-based reporter assays
- Flow cytometry for evaluating cell surface protein expression and antibody binding studies
- Plan experiments, including proper controls
- Analyze data accurately and in a timely manner
- Record data in an electronic notebook in an accurate and timely manner
- Communicate with supervisor and other lab members in an effective manner
- Present data within and outside the group clearly and concisely
- You have strong initiative and interest in ground breaking science
- You are capable of multi-tasking, working both independently and in a team environment
This role requires a Bachelor’s (with 4+ years experience) or Masters (with 2+ years experience). The successful candidate will have proven experience with Cell Culture (adherent and non-adherent cells), stable cell line generation, and Flow Cytometry. Experience with fluorescence microscopy and cell imaging a plus. Experience with primary cell isolation and assays (preferred, not required), Bioassay generation / high throughput assay experience (preferred, not required) is a plus. Candidate should possess excellent communication skills to carry out work in a dynamic group with projects in multiple immune related therapeutic areas. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn new techniques and areas of science and be a teammate.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.