R&D Specialist (Protein Engineering)
We are seeking a Biochemist to join our Immuno-oncology team in the Oncology & Angiogenesis Department at Regeneron. The candidate will work to develop therapeutic strategies targeting the tumor microenvironment. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will be cloning, expression, purification, and in vitro characterization of novel antibodies and antibody fusions.
As an R&D Specialist, a typical day may include the following:
- DNA manipulation techniques including PCR, gel electrophoresis, Gibson assembly, and site-directed mutagenesis
- Protein expression in mammalian systems
- Protein purification by affinity chromatography
- Protein characterization by SDS-PAGE, ELISA, and other in vitro techniques
- Functional characterization of therapeutic proteins using cell-based assays, western blot, flow cytometry, fluorescence and luminescence spectroscopy.
- Maintaining complete and accurate records of experiments and results
- Present findings at internal group meetings
This role may be for you if:
- You are a good communicator and enjoy working in a collaborate environment
To be considered for this role you must have a BS or MS degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related field. Post-graduate research experience in industry or academia is a plus. Familiarity with molecular biology techniques with laboratory experience is required. Hands-on experience in protein expression and purification is required. Previous experience with mammalian expression systems and tissue culture is highly recommended.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.