Oncology Account Manager - Detroit, MI
Title: Oncology Account Manager - Detroit, MI
Reports To: Executive Director, Regional Sales – Great Lakes
The Oncology Account Manager will be responsible for driving the appropriate utilization of UDENYCA™ and future products for attaining all territory sales objectives, in a compliant fashion. This role requires the building of sustained relationships with physicians, pharmacists, nurses, administrators, billing, finance, office practice managers mid-levels and other pertinent staff. Solid clinical, product, reimbursement and financial acumen will be required for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing account profiles and business plans for UDENYCA™. and all subsequent products
- Meet or exceed sales goals assigned by the company.
- Execute a high level of clinical and product acumen for appropriate positioning of UDENYCA™. and all subsequent products
- Develop sustained relationships, in targeted accounts, with pertinent staff.
- Represent Coherus products in a manner consistent with Coherus ethics, policies and compliance expectations at all times.
- Foster teamwork and communication in a high intensity, fast paced environment, where the best interests of patients and Coherus are prioritized.
- Apply a solid understanding of reimbursement, contracting and finance associated with injectable medications.
- Operate independently and with urgency on a daily basis.
- Understand and breakdown complex matrix accounts to ensure proper strategic focus and planning.
- Apply superior selling skills including planning, probing, challenging, aligning, closing and follow-up.
- Plan, budget and execute resources provided by the company including exhibits, speaker programs, the HUB, executive visits, as well as coordination of National Account Director and Key Account Director activities.
- Travel Expectations: Daily in-person and overnight travel can include up to 50% to make in-person visits with HCPs, clinics, hospitals. Travel will also include National Sales Meetings, Regional Meetings. Speaker Programs and Conferences.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA Preferred)
- 5 Years minimum, demonstrated sales success in the oncology marketplace preferred
- Experience in hospital, academic and community oncology selling preferred
- Buy and bill experience needed with strong reimbursement & fiscal acumen
- Prior launch of Oncology injectables preferred
- Solid understanding of community GPOs (ION, OnMark, USO) as well as Hospital GPOs
- Prior contracting experience in the oncology marketplace
- Understanding of multiple distribution models and Specialty Pharmacy
- Solid analytical, organizational, problem solving, communication and leadership skills required
- Ability to develop strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of community oncology practices, hospitals, academic medical centers and IDNs required
- Development, execution and follow-up of business plans
- Communicate cross-functionally with other field-based personnel
- Ability to be flexible, problem-solve and wear multiple hats in a start-up environment
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.