LiveDesign QA Scientist
We’re seeking a Quality Assurance Scientist to aid us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the world’s largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of novel therapeutics and materials. FEP+, Glide, Maestro, WaterMap, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of the LiveDesign team, you’ll join a group of passionate engineers, entrepreneurs, scientists, and tinkerers in their efforts to develop a rich web application that allows scientists to leverage the power of physics-based simulations through all stages of the drug discovery process. You’ll be deeply embedded in the team from your very first day, leading new feature build-outs from conception to completion.
Who will love this job:
- An experienced test plan and test case writer who understands QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- An enthusiastic collaborator who’s excited about working closely with Product Managers and Developers
- A strategic software tester who can work well independently and in team environments
- A chemistry fanatic who’s fascinated by the interplay of science and technology
What you’ll need:
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle and Agile practices
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools (especially Selenium or Squish)
- Understanding of computational chemistry software
- Programming/scripting skills (preferably Python and SQL)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Biology, Bioengineering, or equivalent
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.