Analytical Scientist- Biochemistry
Regeneron is currently looking for an Analytical Scientist on our Analytical Sciences Biochemistry Development team with a Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm schedule. Regeneron successfully manufactures a range of biopharmaceuticals for patients worldwide, including our approved therapeutic proteins and those involved in clinical studies. Our Analytical Scientist supports the Manufacturing, Process Sciences (PS) and Quality Control (QC) departments through the development, optimization, troubleshooting, validation, transfer and application of analytical test procedures, which are critical for all products release.
As an Analytical Scientist a typical day might include the following:
- Uses in-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation and technology to manage the analytical technology lifecycle in a given area, including but not limited to ELISA, PCR and other molecular and/or biochemistry methods.
- Establish, develop, optimize and/or troubleshoot analytical methodology to test the a) identity, strength, purity, potency, or stability of protein products, b) identity and concentration of impurities.
- Transfer new or improved control test procedures to customer groups.
- Lead new technology evaluations and troubleshooting activities for established test methods used in development and release testing. Proactively engages vendors to identify new technology/instrument and independently assesses the appropriateness of such technology for use in QC.
- Perform job duties with limited direction from supervisor. Design scientifically sound studies and experiments being given only a general outline of the study goal.
- Liaise multiple departments internally and externally in support of Process Science Development and Global Manufacturing demands, including presenting findings and work at department-wide meetings
- Supervises, trains and educate junior level group members and act as a mentor within the laboratory, including distributing work load and monitoring progress.
This role might be for you if:
- You like to challenge the status-quo, enjoy leading and motivating a team and are interested in new technology and continuous improvement of analytical methods.
- You excel at building and navigating cross functional relationships with the ability to influence in a positive manner.
- You thrive in a fast-paced setting where your priorities can quickly change based on the needs of the business and our patients.
- You are great at communication verbally or in written to deliver information to different levels of audience.
To be considered for the Analytical Scientist you must be willing and able to work Monday- Friday, 8am-4:30pm. For various levels you must have the following:
Analytical Scientist: PhD in Biology, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology
Sr. Analytical Scientist: PhD in Biology, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology and 2+ years of relevant experience.
Level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.